“good business stop over”

Melbourne Marriott Hotel
Ranked #9 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“good business stop over”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice decent, comfortable hotel at very reasonable prices. Very centrally located in the Melbourne CBD close to public transport, cinemas, restaurants and anything else you could possibly need. Consider this on your next visit to Melbourne

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Jayat S,

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us recently, whilst you were travelling on business.

I do hope that to see you back at the hotel in the near future!

Edward White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed 1 night with my daughter. Great Location, easy walking distance to theatre entertainment, China town and city centre. Large appointed rooms, very clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and polite, concierge were very friendly.
Only negative, which does not in any way impact the hotel standard is while checking in we were told our room was on the 5th floor and it was made to sound "special". Our view was a brick wall!
and also there was going to be a complimentry bottle of wine being sent to our room...It never arrived! Besides this, I do recommend this hotel and I myself will stay again. (Just wont believe what I'm told)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear elle2461,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Melbourne Marriott.

I am glad you and daughter were able to enjoy all of the great theatres and shops we have close by. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with the wine for your room, this has been noted, and I will follow up with the reception staff.

Please feel free to get in contact with me directly when you are next thinking of visiting Melbourne.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and friendly staff. Great location. Good standard. Nice rooms. We used the pool a bit since my five year old is crazy about swimming. Pool is fine, but they need changing rooms next to it. Bathrooms are good. The only thing was that the bed was a bit weird - way too soft for my liking. Would go again however. We ate in China town a few minutes from the hotel one night and at Trunk just next door the other. Trunk was great!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Jonashomaa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your rececent experience with us here at Melbourne Marriott.

I am so glad that you got to spend time and relax with your family and enjoy some of our facilities such as the pool.

Your comments about the changing room in the pool are and matress in the bedroom has been noted.

I do hope that we get to welcome you and your family back to the hotel when you are next visiting Melbourne.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed overnight for business. Large well appointed room, with plenty of power points and an iPhone Dock/charger. All the staff were very helpful and polite, particularly the concierges.
Only quibble is having to pay for WiFi and the prices of the room service meals.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Familydrive
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Familydrive,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent experience with us.

It pleases me to hear that the room was very suitable for you whilst travelling for business, and that our staff and concierge team made you feel welcome.

With regards to our WiFi we do have a charge as most CBD hotels do, however it is free for Marriott Rewards Members and it is free to become a member, so I will follow up with our Front Office staff as we do aim to make our guests aware of this.

I do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Moe, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Once again my wife and I stayed here and from the moment we pulled up in our car we where greeted by friendly staff who quickly assisted with luggage and escorted us to reception where we were given a lovely glass of champagne. with a quick check in completed we were on our way to our room. the room, like previous visits was clean and tidy and very bright with a large window that allowed plenty of sunshine in. like other times we were treated very well and I sincerely believe that this is a quality five star hotel and well worth staying at. it is very close and within easy walking distance to the theatre entertainment area of Melbourne.

Room Tip: worth staying at if you like good service
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David W,

WOW! Thank you so much for a very flattering review of your recent expereince with us.

It is always very pleasing to hear return guests positive feedback. I will be sure to share your story with the team.

I do hope to see you back at Melbourne Marriott again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 1, 2013

It is difficult to point anything that was not perfect during our stay in this hotel. The service was very good. The location is great (walking distance from Chinatown and main streets of Melbourne CBD). The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was amazing and spotless. Everything was perfect. Great value hotel in Melbourne.
The free tram station just around the corner is another great feature. We had to walk just a few meters to get the tram for a free ride around Melbourne. I strongly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again during my next visit to Melbourne.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear traveller2307,

I am delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic stay with us!

We certantly are very lucky to be right in the heart of the city and close to some fantastic shops and theates.

Thank you for your feedback.

I do hope we get to welcome you back to the Melbourne Marriott during your next visit.

Lagos
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed in the King suite for 5 days.this is a fab hotel,not the first Marriott Hotel have stayed but the best so far.Arrived 6:45am in the morning and was able to check in.
Food:uhmmm delicious,recommend the Chef special warm salad.LOVE IT.enjoyed the breakfast and lunch buffet.
Special thanks to Valerie for the yummy chocolates after a long day of sightseeing and shopping,the concierge staff,house keeping for always turning down the bed every evening with chocolates as well. As a Reward member;Wi-fi was complimentary.
Because of you guys, I'll definitely visit Melbourne again. Thank you

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Helen A,

Thank you so much for your absoulutely lovely review of your recent experinece with us at Melbourne Marriott.

I am very glad to hear that we are now your favourite Marriott! We certaintly do aim to please all of our guests.

I will be sure to pass on your flattering compliments to our chefs, and all the front office and housekeeping team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel during your next holiday.