“Best service Experience Ever”

Melbourne Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hi

I Stayed at the marriott last week when I came to watch king kong with my partner and moment we got off from the car the service was exceptional, small made Asian gent helped us with the bags and car & a young gentleman name peter who had a genuine smiling face waiting to check us in as if we were his favorite guest even before we even checked in who made us feel so welcoming to the hotel which is very rare to see now a days in hotels & after coming from the show we had card and wine as well and guess who it was from PETER , also in the restaurant the staff was extremely helpful and friendly and breakfast buffet was beautiful,

want to thank you for accommodating us with such genuine care and I would love to say it was one our best hotel stays ever and will definitely come back and please pass on my appreciation towards your staff and specifically peter who made the x Factor for us ,

• Stayed: August 2013
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear ralphii,

WOW what an amazing review to read! Thank you so much, it is reviews like these that inspires myself and the team to deliver exceptional guest expereinces day after day.

I am so pleased to hear of your experience with our staff, in particular Peter. Our staff certainly do love going the extra mile to make our guests feel special.

Your story has been shared with the team.

Thank you once again we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Melbourne Marriott Hotel

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great location.very informative concierge .stayed with my wife and two kids for a week. Definitely will be back when I'm in Melbourne . They even help to park our rental car and return it to the car rental company.

Room Tip: Don't take the club room. Not worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear KSK24JAM,

Thank you very much for the review on your recent stay with us.

Our concierge team definetely do take great pride in knowing the latest happenings in Melbourne, I am glad they were able to make your stay with us memorable.

I do hope we get to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved this hotel. First, the service was outstanding. We were unilaterally upgraded to a suite because our booked room wasn't ready. Our room was fantastic. We had an enormous living room and a large separate bedroom. There were two bathrooms, which is such an added convenience for a family of four. The beds were very comfortable. Room service was great. The concierge service was excellent. They booked us theater and museum exhibit tickets. They also directed us to a nearby wash and fold laundry when I mentioned the high cost of the hotel laundry. They even sent someone to pick up our laundry for us when we were at the museum exhibit when the laundry was ready. Unbelievably nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear 1Karen1,

Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely review of your recent expereince at Melbourne Marriott in one of our King Suites.

I am delighted to hear you found our staff service "outstanding" we pride ourselves on providing that wow factor, I will be sure to share your story with the team.

It also sounds you like you made the most of your time in Melbourne by enjoying the theatre and musuem which are both close by!

I do hope to be able to welcome you and your family back when you next visit Melbourne.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Last year I stayed at the Hotel on a number of occasions. It is in a great location for business and pleasure. You can walk most places, public transportation is at your doorstep.

The facilities are very good. Good gym, with a unique setting. The Staff are the best. As an example, my batteries for my laptop mouse ran out one afternoon. There was a store, right across the street, I came down and was going to run across to purchase replacements. The Staff saw me, asked if they could do anything, then just got me some batteries out of thier stock. Many stories like that.

There are a lot higher priced hotels in Melbourne, and I stayed in some of those, but none better, than the Melbourne Marriott.

Dutch Schultz

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear 808Dutch32,

Wow! Thank you so much for your very flattering review of your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoy the hotels location, as you mentioned we are in a great position to cater for both business and leisure travellers being close to the heart of the city it is very convenient.

I will definetely pass on your kind words to the front office team, we constantly aim to exceed guests expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Typically I am a business traveler & this hotel generally caters to business people. I found the premises to equal or exceed Marriott's standards & found the staff to be very friendly & courteous.
I will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Tony C,

Thank you so much for your post and rating following your recent stay with us.

I am so thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us both whilst on business and on vacation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Champagne and a friendly welcome, from a whole array of staff, on arrival. Very quiet room, exceptionally quiet, on the 8th floor. Room layout with passage leading to bathroom very good. Not sure that wireless internet was working. Café downstairs did a very good breakfast. Easy walking distance for shopping, very close to theatres. Enjoyed Trunk restaurant a few doors away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MML651,

WOW! Thankyou so much for such a great review on your recent stay with us here at the Melbourne Marriott.

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay right from the beginning with a freidnly check in and complimentary glass of champagne.

Our chefs do an excellent job with the buffet breakfasts and it is always reassuring to get given some positive feedback so I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Melbourne Marriott soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having just returned from a two week trip to Australia and having stayed in 3 Marriott Properties, the Melbourne Marriott was the best of the three. The hotel is a bit smaller than the Marriotts in Sydney and Gold Coast. The service and atmosphere was top rate. The hotel had a cozy feel to it and it is a little dated. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Location was perfect for us... Many many great restaurants within a 10 minute walk of the hotel. Melbourne is a Foodie Paradise! Pros and Cons:

1. Great Location- Close to China Town, major shopping, and major sites the location is superb.
2. Wonderful Service- On more than one occasion, a staff member went out of the way to help us with a request. The simple things add up. Every morning at breakfast, one of the staff remembered which news paper I liked and delivered it to our table. Great Service!
3. Great Breakfast!
4. Large, Nice Rooms- The rooms were the largest of the three Marriott's we stayed in.

Cons:
1. Lacked 5 star services- Hotel did not have a spa, etc. In scope, this is hotel is limited to 4 stars. A strong 4 star hotel.

Overall, we would stay at this hotel again. Great location and very strong service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear tpwoofs,

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent expereince with us. It is great to hear that you you had the chance to visit three of our five Marriott properties in Australia!

It is also very pleasing to hear that our staff members went above and beyond to exceed your expecations, that is what we aim to do. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all of our staff.

Unfortunately we do not have a spa within the hotel, however there is a Spa we often refer guests to that is located on Collins Street.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Melbourne Marriott in the future.