“Luxury and views”

Melbourne Marriott Hotel
Ranked #10 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
“Luxury and views”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Marriot continues its level of class in melbourne and we had a wonderful stay!
Our room was large enough to host 10 other people if we wanted, but we were only booked in for a romantic getaway for the two of us!

The shower was one of the best hotel showers i have experienced and the bed was one of the most comfiest!

We had views of the CBD from our room and the concierge staff were helpful and welcomed us with glasses of Champagne on arrival!

We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with views of the CBD
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Marriott has a name for quality in the industry and this one absolutely achieves the expectations of quality service.
Initiatlly I'd planned on staying for two nights in a place as cheap as I could get, but when you pay less you get less so I instead opted for a brand name I've had good experience with in the past.

Check in was smooth and efficient, with help from the courteous and well trained front desk staff.
My room was clean, modern and well kept. My only note concerning cleanliness was their decision during room design to include a cream leather sofa as part of the decor. This of course was stained with a thousand uses before mine with a dark sheen of dirt. Nothing more than wear and tear - it was certainly clean just stained.

The bed was firm and the mountain of pillows were a smorgasbord of choice.

Television was large and worked well, with the added option of pay TV channels in addition to the regular.

The mini bar was stocked, though I didn't opt to use it.

In particular I liked that the shower head (which seems to be a worldwide trait of the hotel chain) was actually useful with decent pressure and I didn't have to walk around under it in order to bathe. The bathroom as a whole was well designed and spacious.

I didn't eat in the restaurant but I did take room service on my second morning, enjoying the expensive but well put together hot breakfast option. My eggs were tasty, bacon exceptionally cooked for this country and fruit was lovely. The hash browns contained onion, which isn't my cup of tea at breakfast time and the 'warm' pastry/bread options I'd selected were quite cool by the time they reached my door however with so much food it wasn't a dampener.
By the time I got to remembering the hot chocolate I'd ordered with the meal, my server had returned with apologies that it was forgotten the first time around.

Service from the baggage gentlemen was fantastic, I was approached immediately after leaving the elevator on my way to the front desk to ask if I needed a taxi to the airport. My bags were whisked away for me as I checked out and the taxi awaited me directly outside the door.

The location is good, though in the northern end of the immediate CBD its still quite close to China town and a short walk to both QV and Melbourne Central.

Overall I'd highly recommend this hotel for anybody visiting the Melbourne CBD, and I will definitely be returning here in future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SyntheticMilk
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Melbourne Marriott. Feedback is greatly appreciated and we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

found this hotel to be really nice , the service was excellent , not far from Bourke st , the buffer breakfast down stairs was 1st class , all the staff were willing to help you @ all times, worth taken the family to this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We got this as a wot mystery deal and when I looked it up it looked great. We got there and everything was good at the start. We got "upgraded" to a courtyard room which had "private" courtyards with a small table and chairs and an ask tray, for non smokers that's fine with us. During the night we got woken up at midnight by a group next door using our private courtyard and talking very loud. Then awoken again an hour later by next door to loud noises of them enjoying each others company, first time heard anything through hotel room walls, anywhere we have stayed. So it's fair to say we will NOT be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank MRH209
Thank you sincerely for your feedback. We were most upset to hear of the disturbance during the night from outside - particularly guests from the next room using your courtyard ! I do wish you had contacted our Manager on Duty at the time and the matter would have been quickly dealt with. I hope you will give us another chance.
Langwarrin
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chose this hotel due to it's very close proximity to the surrounding theatres and the great deal we received which included accommodation, meals and valet parking. We could not have been happier with out choice. The service from the staff was quite simply, exceptional. The room was spacious and clean. Our meals in the restaurant were faultless although the kitchen to table time was a little slow. I would highly recommend a stay at this wonderful hotel and look forward to a return visit in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: The sofa bed was quite uncomfortable so I would recommend twin beds when sharing the room with anoth...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed in March for our 13th wedding anniversary.
We got a deal which included valet parking, dinner and breakfast for 2, one nights accommodation for $385.00

Check in was a breeze and being offered sparkling wine at check in was a lovely touch.

The hotel room was spacious and clean.

Our package included dinner ($90 credit ) and a glass of wine each at the hotel restaurant, Essence . The service was extremely slow considering the small amount of diners!

Overall our stay was nice!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MelbourneMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Melbourne Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Happy 13th anniversary back in March! Glad you decided to spend it here with us. Sometimes dinner guests like to spread the meal over the evening, but we are very sorry you found the service too slow and apologise for your disappointment this time. Hope to have you back on another occasion.
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Check in was super friendly & efficient, before we knew it we paid for an upgrade to a king suite!
The cleanliness was excellent, apart from dust & fluff under the bed; huge walk in shower, dressing room with superb hanging space.
The bed was the let down; just too low! The mattress pillow must have a high polyester content because the over heating effect meant waking up & having to move regularly! Maybe that's why they don't have electric blankets?
We dined in the restaurant after going to the theatre where the service was very good; my companions had the three different steaks on the menu & agreed, cooked to perfection, as was my Barramundi, they were very quick in bringing hot vegetables to the table after realising the first were dtone cold.
If you are looking for a great location in the theatre sector & a great night out with friends... Then Melbourne Marriott & staff won't disappoint.

• Stayed April 2013
Many thanks for your feedback. So sorry for the slip-up with dust under the bed! Please accept our apologies. Your comments have been reviewed with our team and please be assured that closer attention will be given in the future We place high importance on the quality of produce in our restaurant, so were pleased to hear that the steaks and Barramundi were well received. Hope to have you back again.