“Good place to sleep”

Ranked #103 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Picton, Australia
“Good place to sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Fancy lobby the room was a very odd shape with angles everywhere, I ran into the wall as it was sharply angled from the door... :-) the room itself is clean and comfortable. The bed was great for a night's sleep and the ensuite was a good size. Coffee is international roast, guys can you spurge a bit for moccona? A minor issue but the worst I could think of.

• Stayed July 2013
Batmans_Sales, Manager at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins. We appreciate your kind comments and are pleased to see that your experience with us was positive overall. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked this hotel as where we normally stay in the CBD was fully booked. This hotel is perfectly located next to all public transport and Southbank, Casino, Edihad within walking distance. We rang beforehand re parking, which is off Collins Street, coming into this car park is not for the faint hearted! Very narrow and very few spots available. The reception staff were polite and attentive and we were checked in with ease. We were upgraded from a standard room to a club room.....which to my standard, would be a standard 4 star room...... The room was clean and reasonably sized, as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The TV was on the side table, which seemed weird. Overall, a good stop for sleep and probably a great 'boys weekend' option - definitely not for a romantic or couple weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a view and away from the lifts
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback following your stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins. We appreciate your comments as a means for continued development and improvement, and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future. Take care.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I found myself in Melbourne this week with a very sore back from an old injury but still had an almost 2 hour train trip to take after my flight. So I walked out of Southern Cross Station having decided I just needed to lie down NOW and there, right opposite the station on the corner was this place. "Thank you Lord" I said.

The place is really lovely. Great vibe to it late in the day on a weekday. The restaurant looked really nice and the big winding staircase is cool. The staff member that served me seemed pretty disinterested, almost bored by my request for a room for the night. Half way through serving me another person basically took over and he was amazing and very friendly. He noticed me struggling a little with my suitcase and was quick to come and carry it down a small flight of stairs to the elevator. He certainly made up for the other person.

My room was pretty small but acceptable. The thing that I really didn't like was the lino on the floor. Not sure why no carpet. The room was tastefully decorated and I didn't have a street facing room, but then that means facing right on to other buildings and big a/c units. I think I would have preferred a street facing room just to soak up the view and the life of Melbourne.

There was a nice little bathroom that had a tub which was awesome for my sore back. A little desk to sit at with my laptop and tea/coffee making facilities. There's no mini bar but that didn't worry me. There's a Woolies and BWS right across the road at the station if you wanted to get a drink and snacks. I didn't get room service but went for a walk and got a pizza later on.

The bed was pretty average. I mean, I've slept on worse. But it was acceptable and the linen was nice and clean. A more comfy bed would have been better for my back.

Overall, this was okay. I paid $130 for a really centrally located motel in Melbourne so you can't complain about that. And in the end, I just needed a place to sleep. I was up and left at 6.30am the next day. It is three and a half stars I think, so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Batmans_Sales, Manager at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for your review following your stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins. We appreciate your detailed comments and we will be sure to pass this on to the team for continued development. We hope that you choose to stay with us on your next trip to Melbourne. Take care.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have previously stayed in this hotel and love the location, it's close to everything i needed - Trams, Trains, Casino...... We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit which i must say was rather perfect for us 4 guys wanting single beds!!! on check-in our room wasn't ready, but the reception team where more than happy to look after our luggage. The room was comfy and overlooked the B'fast restaurant ( we added b'fast to our room rate on booking, a must do for any traveler, could not fault the food). We dined in the restaurant on our second night and the chef needs to be complimented, the food was fantastic!!!!!!! We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for non Smoking......
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Batmans_Sales, Manager at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback following your stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy to see that you had a great overall experience with us. Your compliments have been passed on to our Head Chef and Food & Beverage team.

We hope that you choose to stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins again in the near future! Take care.
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel just because of location and i expected only a decent sleep from this hotel. We were given a couple room on the 1st floor. The room is itself was not so bad. But the walls are so thin that you can hear almost everything from the room next door. On top of this, there was non-stop noise whole night either from the next room's washroom or the lobby or lift. I could barely get a sleep. Try to avoid this hotel if possible

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ankcouple
Batmans_Sales, Manager at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for submitting your feedback following your stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins. We appreciate you highlighting our ideal location in Melbourne's CBD. However, we are sorry to see that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.

For those guests booking via an agent or online, in most cases it is possible to submit specific requests or accommodation requirements (for example a non-smoking room, located away from lifts, non street-facing room, etc.) through these channels. This is highly encouraged, as these requests are generally acknowledged first when allocating rooms for arrivals. Not all requests can be guaranteed, but we try to meet all requests where possible.

If you have any further questions or wish to provide more feedback, do not hesitate to contact us directly. Nevertheless, we hope to be your host again in the near future. Take care.

Travelers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great Location across from Southern Cross railway station. You hear the trams going around the corner from Spencer Street stop at midnight. Bed comfortable after mattress flipped Corner room large ,excellent with spa bath.

Room Tip: Corner club room or apartment on 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback following your stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins. We are happy to see that you had a positive experience with us overall, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Take care.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Loud traffic/tram noise. Aircon that doesn't heat the room. A fire alarm above the bed that flashes throughout the night illuminating the room. What else could you want in a hotel? Actually, a quiet, dark room with comfortable ambient temperature would be a good start. We won't return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CameronDee
Dear reviewer, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quality Hotel Batman's Hill on Collins. It is concerning to see that your experience with us did not meet your expectations, or our required operating standard. We welcome your comments, and encourage you to contact our Rooms Division Manager if you wish to pass along any further feedback personally. Nevertheless, we hope that you will allow us to be your host once again. Take care.