“Good location decent price”

Best Western Plus Travel Inn Hotel
Ranked #97 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very good location. Comfortable renovated rooms. Clean.
Full price on the high side. Very convenient for the University. Be sure to enquire about discounts if on uni business.
Views on teh ground floor are non-existent, but this is a comfortable business hotel. the conference room was a bit cramped, but otherwise OK. Nice little swimming pool with garden area.
The hotel is a slightly awkward "shape", with the layout being a bit confusing at first.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a first floor room (not ground floor)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights over the weekend and again very nice. Just off the edge of the city but not too far from anything, in fact a lovely walk around the nearby gardens is a good way to start the day.
receptionist upon check in was great. I had experienced some difficulty in on line booking but she amended our rate and included breakfast. She was extremely pleasant and very customer focused.
Room was lovely and quiet with a queen and a single bed. Bathroom was small but adequate. My only concern is the height of the shower head. I am 167cm but had to bend to get my head under. My teenage son is taller so had a bit of a battle.
Breakfast was extremely nice. In all the times I have stayed there have never eaten breakfast there but great options with lovely fresh fruit etc. Waitresses were extremely nice as well.
Highly recommend

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank millsie58
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed here twice before and no wonder I keep coming back. The rooms are always lovely and clean and the reception staff are very welcoming and friendly.

The indoor pool area has very nice surroundings although it could have been a bit warmer.

We ate breakfast in their restaurant and it was absolutely beautiful. Didn't need to stroll down to Lygon Street for breakfast where you had nice food at your doorstep.

This hotel is so handy to Lygon Street being only one block away plus only a short bus or tram ride into the CBD area.

Overall this hotel is very reasonable in tariffs and the rooms and neat and tidy. I will definitely be staying there again when I visit Melbourne.

Thank you to all staff.

Regards
Todd and Bronwyn

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bronwyn W
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a decent & basic hotel near Lygon Street in Melbourne. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. There is no mini-bar, grand lobby etc and the staff varied between friendly and bluntly matter of fact.

I didn't try the breakfast, but there are plenty of cafes on nearby Lygon street, so I wouldn't see the attraction of eating in.

This is somewhere to stay while you do other things in Melbourne rather than a destination in itself - and can recommend it on that basis.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Glenno11
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Best Western Travel Inn. I chose the hotel as it was close to my daughter's university accomodation. I hadn't been to Carlton before but I have got to say its a great place to base. Pretty walkable or tram ride to everything in town, and as a runner nearby Carlton Gardens is fantastic. Lygon Street is a hop, skip and a jump away.

The hotel is typical Best Western, but that is not a criticism as you know what to expect. The room was certainly big enough for me, but for the 3 it sleeps perhaps a bit on the small side. It was clean, the bed was very comfortable. The price was reasonable, and they throw in parking and a hot breakfast if you book direct. My room was quiet, ask for a room not on the street frontage. I would definately return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Drummond Street to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Glenrunner
Arran F, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Travel Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Glen ,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your comments are very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
If you like i could give you some more options for running in the area as there is a lot of parks, gardens and the yarra river not too far from us!

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Arran Fraser
front office manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Inn Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Clean & basic.
Room was very small and bathroom was tiny with only a sliding door from bedroom which did not even shut properly.
Staff on reception could have been more helpful.
Convenient to lygon street for restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Would thoroughly recommend, very quiet area and a lavishing room. The only disappointment was that there was no mini bar for my partner. The price was right and as always you can depend on Best Western hotels.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends