Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne
  • Fitness center
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,087 results
All reviewsroyal paradeprinces parkgreat locationtram lineoff street parkinglygon streetpool and gympublic transportper nightnice roompleasant staybusiness tripbuffet breakfasteasy accessbrunswickcityaccommodation
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was ok but raining and roof leaked outside near steps making steps a very slippery surface was a hazard!!!! elevator was out had to carry bags 3 flights of stairs other then that stay was ok wont be back not happy customers!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Annon93
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Annon93,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. After many reviews and comments from our valued guests regarding our 60 year old lift we have decided that it is time to replace our lift. We are currently installing a new state of the art fast and quiet lift which will be complete mid-August. We have ensured that this is advertised on all websites and confirmation letters along with our team informing our guests on booking. I do apologise for the inconvenience cause during these much needed upgrades. We have a wonderful team available 24 hours per day to assist our guests with luggage and are more then willing to allocate guests to the ground floor should they have difficulty with stair access during this time. Again we do apologise for the inconvenience caused during this much needed improvement to the services offered and hope that we can welcome you back once the improvements have been made.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Vibe is well named... and you are reminded of it at 11pm, 1:30am, 2:15am, 5:35am, 6:55am as the vibration of every door in the corridor slams closed throughout the night!
I have never slept on a mattress so rock hard, the manager on duty proudly stated that they were all brand new, I explained that brand new does not equate to comfort or quality. In a bid to cushion the mattress I had to obtain an extra quilt to put on top of the mattress.
And when it couldn't get any worst there was breakfast! (The good news is the Monash Uni next door serve a great breakfast at a quarter of the price for double the value).
My stay at the Vibe was one of the worst I have ever experienced it makes Novotel look like the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank GDK-SYD

Dear GDK-SYD,

Thank you for your review of Vibe Hotel Carlton and the recent stay. We apologise that you found our new beds to be not to your satisfaction as again we took note of our past guests comments and replaced all of the beds with brand new Sleepmaker DreamFoam beds. Our team are more then happy to offer and make up the bed with additional blankets to soften the mattress should one of our guests prefer a softer sleep. Our buffet breakfast is always evolving and at $15 per person for a full buffet with hot offerings, fresh fruit and yoghurt, cereals, toast & preserves, juices, coffee and bakery items is still one of the more inexpensive offerings in Melbourne. We would more then welcome any suggestions on how we can improve this and add value for our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly with your suggestions on how we can improve this offering, it would be greatly appreciated. Our team are available 24 hours a day to assist with any noisy or unruly guests to ensure all of our valued guests have a pleasant stay and a great nights rest. Again thank you for the valuable feedback.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at Vibe Carlton and was extremely disappointed at the condition of the room & lack of facilities, which were stated to be included. The shower recess had mould growing on bottom and walls
. The tea making facilities, refrigerator & utensils are stored in the bathroom, which is a bathroom toilet area. There is no way to seperate cups & saucers from toilet. This is disgusting. Very much a health hazard and I feel contrary to Health regulations.

I arranged to a buffet luncheon to be served & found the meal extremely basic & lacked the normal additions for a buffet luncheon as per other Vibe hotels. We were charged maximum dollars.
. About 4 years ago, I had a fall on the crazy pathway at the back entrance.
I was told that full repairs had been made. I tripped this time but fortunately did not fall..Repairs have not been made. This is still very dangerous.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne H
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Anne H,

Thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton and the valuable feedback. I do apologise that you feel the pathways are dangerous we are currently working with our construction team on a solution to replace the slate walkways in the near future. Our restaurant generally does not open on public holidays however we did in fact open especially for your lunch and it disappoints me that you did not feel we offered value, I will be sure to follow up with the chef and ensure that we look at amending our special buffet offerings. I am unsure of your comments regarding the tea & coffee making facilities as they are in a small alcove that is next to the bathrooms however not in the bathroom as stated and sectioned off with a wall and door keeping the areas both separate which poses no health issues at all. We are currently refurbishing our bathrooms and have completed all of the internal wing with the external wing underway currently and due for completion in the coming months. I do apologise that you felt uncomfortable and know that our helpful team would have been more then happy to offer you a room move had you mentioned your concerns during your stay. We are always more then happy to assist our guests with all requests during their stay to ensure a pleasant stay is had by all. Again thank you for taking the time to review and should you wish to discuss further please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My room was in the front block facing Queens Parade and was very comfortable and clean. The bath would be a little tricky for the elderly or immobile to get in, but the bathroom facilities were great. Also, if you are unused to the white noise of constant traffic outside, you may have a little trouble sleeping. A note about room-service breakfast; I nominated the earliest time-frame available 6.20-6.40am as I had to be somewhere at 7am. My breakfast turned up at 6.45 which was unacceptable as I had to go. I also found the smelly room service trays sitting out in the hall all night (and till at least 7am) off-putting.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road would be quieter, but I had heard that the back section were not quite as comfortable as the block facing Queens Pde.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear cathy_haynes,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I do apologise for the delay in room service breakfast and will pass this information onto our chef and service team along with the concerns regarding the collection of the trays which should be completed overnight for dinner service. Again thank you for the review and we hope to welcome you back to Vibe Carlton or one of our Toga Hotels in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Arrived about 5pm, after a 7 hour trip with a baby only to be told I have to pay an extra $50 a night bond. So that was $150 out of our budget, but then told " it's ok you will get it back when you check out". What a joke. Room was filthy,curtains had stains and food on them, carpet was stained and disgusting. Paying an extra $10 a day for parking when you are staying there anyway was odd, most motels in the city don't even charge extra for parking. Vibe hotels have most certainly lost our business and any of my family's.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Alesha21
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Alesha21,

The team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton. All hotels in Australia take a credit card bond on check-in, this is to cover incidentals such as room service, mini bar, internet and movie charges. This is explained on all websites and on our own confirmation letter to ensure our guests are aware however we will look into the placement of this to ensure it is more visible. Our hotel does charge $10 per night for parking however you can park for free on the street from 10pm - 6am otherwise the Council charges $4 per hour and we have had guests receive parking tickets which is very costly. Most City hotels charge upwards of $25 per night for parking in Melbourne. We do have packages on our website that include all services (parking, breakfast and internet) which work out to be great value for money. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your review in more detail as I am unaware of our rooms having dirty carpets or curtains and if so we need to address this immediately. We strive to offer a clean and comfortable hotel at a very reasonable price. Again thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton and please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel should you wish to discuss your stay further.