“Convenient, good value for money.”

Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne
Ranked #97 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at the Vibe hotel on a conference visit at the Monash pharmacy school, which is more or less right next door to the hotel.

The hotel's architecture is a classic example of underwhelming 60's/70's style, but has been renovated inside to give a more modern, funky vibe (pun intended).

Front desk staff were polite upon arrival, rooms are a reasonable size with a decent enough area to set up a laptop and do some work if needed. Bedding was reasonable, good size tv, but bathrooms a little small perhaps.

The best thing about the hotel is the value for money. It's not an upmarket hotel, so if that's what you're looking for this hotel isn't for you. However, highly recommended if you're visiting the parkville Monash campus or looking for a cheaper alternative than city hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear DrMattSykes,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the Team and I at Vibe Hotel Carlton for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the team to be friendly and polite and that the hotel was convenient to your needs during your time in Melbourne. We are currently finishing off some soft refurbishment items to further enhance the quality of our product with the replacement of all hotel beds to be completed by the end of November 2012, which will ensure all of our guests have a pleasant night sleep. Great to hear that you find the hotel to be value for money as we try to ensure that we offer quality product at affordable prices.

Again thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel Carlton on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My Husband & I organised a Melbourne Cup coach trip for 39 passengers as a Jane McGrath Foundation fund raiser. Our choice of accommadition was the Vibe Hotel and we could not have chosen a better place to stay. The staff were so helpful and friendly. Everthing was so central and conventient. There was a tram stop out side the hotel so on the day we arrived everyone could do their own activities. Some chose the tram to go into the CBD to go shopping, some the zoo and some just sat around the pool.It was close to the Flemington Race course. Everyone loved the food, their rooms, the staff and to be able to make that many people happy we give the Vibe Hotel 10 out of 10!!!! THANKS

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judy M

Dear Judy M,

On behalf of the team and I at Vibe Carlton I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton. I am thrilled that the group enjoyed the trip away and that my team were able to play a role in a memorable Melbourne Cup trip. I will be sure to share your experience with all of our team. Our location and easy access do make it easy to move around Melbourne from the City to Flemington and also visit the local attractions such as the Melbourne Zoo with the hotel now partnering with the Zoo we are happy to offer Zoo tickets on our website and direct at the hotel.

Again thank you for the review and the Team and I look forward to welcoming you all back again Next November.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very dissapointed in where we stayed. Everything was very average, the rooms the breakfast, no place to have a drink with friends, the location in the middle on nowhere. There are no shop close buy. The fire alarm went off Sunday morning apparently this is normal. Need a new toaster like everything else there For the amount of money we paid , we got ripped off. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Go some where in the city better value fr money
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen J
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Helen J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that the hotel did not fulfil your needs. The fire alarm is very sensitive and we are aware of this however it is an Australian standard that all hotels have the alarms and we are currently working with the Victorian Fire Department on a solution to the issue we have in our restaurant not due to age of toaster however to the sensitivity of the system. Our hotel bar and front courtyard are always open for guests and visitors to enjoy a beverage from the bar, and we have a convenience store, sushi shop, cafe and bakery just a two minute walk from the hotel. I would more then welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in person so that I can gain a better understanding of the points you have raised in your review and address them with our team and work on improving our product. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss.

Again thank you for the review and I look forward to discussing should you wish to do so.

Regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

l recently pre purchased a voucher to all you can eat buffet breakfast on sunday 28th October 2012 and was extremley dissappointed the choice and amount of food was not good at all and l have stayed at alot of different hotels in various states and this is won of the worst we myself and my daughter arrived there at about 830 am there were no juice left in the juice machines and we were there for about an hour only because we had to wait for our mugs to come out of the dishwasher as the girl said there were none clean......... there hot food was made up of watery scramble eggs the bacon was the only thing that looked ok but l dont eat bacon little sauges, gluggy fried rice that looked like it was sitting there from last week, baked beans which l could have had at home out of the can....... and pancakes that also had been sitting there for hours the only thing l enjoyed well because l was hungry was the toast that l made myself now in that whole hour l did not see any one fill those juice machines refill the danishes which there were only 2 when l got there. and l saw the chef walk past about 5 times when l was sitting there. l would most definatley not........ recommend this place to any one lm sorry but l love trying new places to have buffet breakfast but if you really want to update your service with new people and not just your bus loads of people that stay at your hotel you really need to check your food constantly anyone like myself that has come for the first time in your hotel would never come back here again and l have read a review from some others that have said the same and you have commented in fixing the problem but you clearly havent and its not good service for your hotel and its put me off staying at any of your vibe hotels for this reason.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lauretta t
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Lauretta t,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Vibe Hotel Carlton and apologise for the poor and lack of service you experienced. There is no excuse for this and I have made sure that the team are aware of this. Our team both front of house and our chefs need to ensure that on our busy weekends they keep the buffet fully stocked both with food and utensils. Like I have said in the past we are always looking at adding and improving our buffet options and I would more then welcome any suggestions and can be contacted at the hotel directly.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this place on a business trip recently. I usually find accomodation in the CBD and the one downside to this was that it was always just a little bit noisy (some places worse than others). This place is located just outside the CBD. A tram trip along Royal Parade will take around 5 minutes to get to the city centre and the tram stop is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Despite being on a main road, the room I stayed at was in a quiet location.

The place was a bargain for what I paid. $124 for a nice modern room with a queen bed and ensuite. TV's were modern, the room was very clean and modestly furnished, lifts and stairs in good condition.

The staff were a bit creepy (for lack of a better word). By this I mean they seemed pleasent but rather absent mentally. Giving this sort of zombie-like vibe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Rebecca N,

Thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton, the team and I appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you found the hotel clean and good value for money as we try to ensure that we offer our guests friendly service and rates that reflect our product and location. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns regarding the team members that seemed absent and can be contacted directly at the hotel.

Again thank you for the review and I will ensure this is shared with our team members. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel Carlton or one of our Toga Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

As a regular visitor to Melbourne, I have stayed at Vibe a couple of times and have found it to be an excellent choice in terms of location and amenity. I prefer to stay outside of the hustle and bustle of the cbd, yet close enough by tram, car or even by foot to enjoy all this great city has to offer. If you are a walker, Vibe is directly opposite Princes Park and close to other parklands. It is within half an hour by foot to some great inner city shopping and restaurant precincts such as Lygon St Carlton, Sydney Rd Brunswick, Moonee Ponds, Flemington and North Melbourne. It is also on the airport side of the city. The hotel itself has a lovely pool and gym area, as well as clean and comfortable rooms, some of which are quite spacious. I have always found the staff to be friendly, efficient and helpful. I have only tried the buffet breakfast once and I enjoyed the selection offered.

Room Tip: As in all hotels, I imagine the rooms roadside would be noisier (as with rooms next to elevators/sta...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear NoosaCoffee,

My team and I would like to thanks you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton. We value the feedback as it helps us ensure that we are fulfilling our promise of Quality accommodation matched with friendly and personal service. The hotel location is fantastic being just a short tram ride to the city and located in a quiet strip between the wonderful and colourful Brunswick and Carlton. With the Zoo and Optus oval just a stones throw away makes it the perfect location to explore the wonders of Melbourne minus the hustle and bustle of the City.

Our buffet selection continues to evolve and grow based on our guest feedback and requirements and is fantastic value for only $15.00. I would recommend a room towards the rear of the hotel for those light sleepers however the park facing rooms have an amazing outlook over Princes Park and of the trams passing by.

Again thank you for the review and I will be sure to share with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel Carlton or one of our Toga Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Disappointing that you're constantly woken by traffic (situated on main road which unfortunately we didn't check before booking because Travelodge Southbank highly recommended it and booked it for us as they were fully booked). Receptionist said it was noisy because they were fully booked...... if they're aware of the issue they should invest in better noise defences.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank sweetcheeks001

Dear Sweetcheeks001,

The team and I would like to thank you for your review. We do understand that our rooms facing the park can be noisy at times due to the trams and traffic and this for some guests who are not used to the city traffic can be an issue so I apologise you did not enjoy your stay. We always try and assist guests with a room move to one of our rooms at the rear of the hotel in this situation if the hotel has the ability to do so. Again I do apologise that this was not the case for your stay and would recommend for light sleepers to request a room away from Royal Parade.