“Faulty Towers”

Ranked #86 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Adelaide
“Faulty Towers”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very dissapointed in where we stayed. Everything was very average, the rooms the breakfast, no place to have a drink with friends, the location in the middle on nowhere. There are no shop close buy. The fire alarm went off Sunday morning apparently this is normal. Need a new toaster like everything else there For the amount of money we paid , we got ripped off. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Go some where in the city better value fr money
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen J
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Helen J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that the hotel did not fulfil your needs. The fire alarm is very sensitive and we are aware of this however it is an Australian standard that all hotels have the alarms and we are currently working with the Victorian Fire Department on a solution to the issue we have in our restaurant not due to age of toaster however to the sensitivity of the system. Our hotel bar and front courtyard are always open for guests and visitors to enjoy a beverage from the bar, and we have a convenience store, sushi shop, cafe and bakery just a two minute walk from the hotel. I would more then welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in person so that I can gain a better understanding of the points you have raised in your review and address them with our team and work on improving our product. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss.

Again thank you for the review and I look forward to discussing should you wish to do so.

Regards,
Anthony Hutchinson - Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

l recently pre purchased a voucher to all you can eat buffet breakfast on sunday 28th October 2012 and was extremley dissappointed the choice and amount of food was not good at all and l have stayed at alot of different hotels in various states and this is won of the worst we myself and my daughter arrived there at about 830 am there were no juice left in the juice machines and we were there for about an hour only because we had to wait for our mugs to come out of the dishwasher as the girl said there were none clean......... there hot food was made up of watery scramble eggs the bacon was the only thing that looked ok but l dont eat bacon little sauges, gluggy fried rice that looked like it was sitting there from last week, baked beans which l could have had at home out of the can....... and pancakes that also had been sitting there for hours the only thing l enjoyed well because l was hungry was the toast that l made myself now in that whole hour l did not see any one fill those juice machines refill the danishes which there were only 2 when l got there. and l saw the chef walk past about 5 times when l was sitting there. l would most definatley not........ recommend this place to any one lm sorry but l love trying new places to have buffet breakfast but if you really want to update your service with new people and not just your bus loads of people that stay at your hotel you really need to check your food constantly anyone like myself that has come for the first time in your hotel would never come back here again and l have read a review from some others that have said the same and you have commented in fixing the problem but you clearly havent and its not good service for your hotel and its put me off staying at any of your vibe hotels for this reason.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lauretta t
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Lauretta t,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Vibe Hotel Carlton and apologise for the poor and lack of service you experienced. There is no excuse for this and I have made sure that the team are aware of this. Our team both front of house and our chefs need to ensure that on our busy weekends they keep the buffet fully stocked both with food and utensils. Like I have said in the past we are always looking at adding and improving our buffet options and I would more then welcome any suggestions and can be contacted at the hotel directly.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this place on a business trip recently. I usually find accomodation in the CBD and the one downside to this was that it was always just a little bit noisy (some places worse than others). This place is located just outside the CBD. A tram trip along Royal Parade will take around 5 minutes to get to the city centre and the tram stop is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Despite being on a main road, the room I stayed at was in a quiet location.

The place was a bargain for what I paid. $124 for a nice modern room with a queen bed and ensuite. TV's were modern, the room was very clean and modestly furnished, lifts and stairs in good condition.

The staff were a bit creepy (for lack of a better word). By this I mean they seemed pleasent but rather absent mentally. Giving this sort of zombie-like vibe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Rebecca N,

Thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton, the team and I appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you found the hotel clean and good value for money as we try to ensure that we offer our guests friendly service and rates that reflect our product and location. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns regarding the team members that seemed absent and can be contacted directly at the hotel.

Again thank you for the review and I will ensure this is shared with our team members. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel Carlton or one of our Toga Hotels in the near future.

Noosaville
Reviewed October 13, 2012

As a regular visitor to Melbourne, I have stayed at Vibe a couple of times and have found it to be an excellent choice in terms of location and amenity. I prefer to stay outside of the hustle and bustle of the cbd, yet close enough by tram, car or even by foot to enjoy all this great city has to offer. If you are a walker, Vibe is directly opposite Princes Park and close to other parklands. It is within half an hour by foot to some great inner city shopping and restaurant precincts such as Lygon St Carlton, Sydney Rd Brunswick, Moonee Ponds, Flemington and North Melbourne. It is also on the airport side of the city. The hotel itself has a lovely pool and gym area, as well as clean and comfortable rooms, some of which are quite spacious. I have always found the staff to be friendly, efficient and helpful. I have only tried the buffet breakfast once and I enjoyed the selection offered.

Room Tip: As in all hotels, I imagine the rooms roadside would be noisier (as with rooms next to elevators/sta...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear NoosaCoffee,

My team and I would like to thanks you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Carlton. We value the feedback as it helps us ensure that we are fulfilling our promise of Quality accommodation matched with friendly and personal service. The hotel location is fantastic being just a short tram ride to the city and located in a quiet strip between the wonderful and colourful Brunswick and Carlton. With the Zoo and Optus oval just a stones throw away makes it the perfect location to explore the wonders of Melbourne minus the hustle and bustle of the City.

Our buffet selection continues to evolve and grow based on our guest feedback and requirements and is fantastic value for only $15.00. I would recommend a room towards the rear of the hotel for those light sleepers however the park facing rooms have an amazing outlook over Princes Park and of the trams passing by.

Again thank you for the review and I will be sure to share with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel Carlton or one of our Toga Hotels in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Disappointing that you're constantly woken by traffic (situated on main road which unfortunately we didn't check before booking because Travelodge Southbank highly recommended it and booked it for us as they were fully booked). Receptionist said it was noisy because they were fully booked...... if they're aware of the issue they should invest in better noise defences.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank sweetcheeks001
Dear Sweetcheeks001,

The team and I would like to thank you for your review. We do understand that our rooms facing the park can be noisy at times due to the trams and traffic and this for some guests who are not used to the city traffic can be an issue so I apologise you did not enjoy your stay. We always try and assist guests with a room move to one of our rooms at the rear of the hotel in this situation if the hotel has the ability to do so. Again I do apologise that this was not the case for your stay and would recommend for light sleepers to request a room away from Royal Parade.

australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good value accommodation, clean and comfortable room. Friendly service at the front desk. However.... Very poor food service and quality of food. Curve Restaurant definitely not value for money. We had a booking, ordered after around 15 minutes and then waited for more than 1 hour to get meal. There was only one other table of two people other than ours (table for 3). That should have been the warning for us. We didn't get the garlic bread at all. The meals were horrible - and I mean horrible. Not hot and just slopped on the plate - chicken in gravy on top of mashed potato. Each main was around $26 so I expected a lot better. I was also overcharged several times during our 2 day stay - they always apologised when I pointed out the error - but it happened too many times.

Room Tip: Accommodation is good. Just don't eat at the restaurant or order room service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WendyleeAustralia
Dear WendyleeAustralia,

My team and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found the accommodation to be clean and comfortable and value for money. Our team pride themselves on being friendly and offering service with a smile.

It however disappoints me that you received poor service in the restaurant. This is not the standard we strive for at Vibe and unreflective of the usual high service standards and food quality. You will be please to know we have listened to our guests and as such are launching a new menu at the start of November which will see our mains priced from $18 to $25 to ensure quality and value.

I have passed your review onto our team as I believe all feedback is good feedback and we can only learn and improve from our short comings. Again thank you for the review and I would more then welcome the opportunity to discuss in person and can be contacted at the hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My hubby and I purchased a Scoopon voucher for "All You Can Eat" Buffet Breakfast and chose the Vibe Hotel in Parkville, Victoria.
First of all, there wasn't much to choose from, so the "all you can eat" concept did not match up to its title!
Scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, toast, canned spaghetti, sausages and a disgusting gluggy fried rice was all that was on offer in the hot food category. As a chef myself, the way these were cooked, I wouldn't feed it to my dog!
Compared to the buffet breakfast's we have had overseas, this rates as one of the worst!
Vibe, you need to up the anty, hire a new chef, take note of the way things are handled during breakfast time because what we experienced was the worst form of hospitality I have seen in a very long time.
I urge anyone, that before they decide to pay the lousy $17+ to have breakfast there, consider the fact that for the same price, within the surrounding areas, you can get a much better deal and be sure you will not be disappointed the way we were.
I am sure that management will reply to my review, like they have in the other reviews, but it doesn't matter what he or she will have to say, there have been numerous complaints which date back to more than a year and if nothing has been done about up until now, then obviously it never will be. Stop spending your precious time replying to reviews and spend that time improving your hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maurzy65
Anthony H, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Carlton, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Maurzy65,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your breakfast experience and for the invaluable feedback. Yes I do take the time to respond as a courtesy to all of our valued guests or visitors along with ensuring that we act on the comments made and suggestions. We have in fact added additional items to the menu to ensure we cater for all of our visitors both local and international, hence the addition of fried rice for our visiting international guests. Our buffet also offers fresh fruit and pastries however may not compare to the lavish spread offered by those international buffets we all love taking advantage of when travelling in areas such as Bali and Thailand.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the experience as we do strive to ensure we have an ever changing offering. We would more then welcome any suggestions you may have with regard to additional items we can offer especially from an industry insider as this can only help us improve the experience for our future guests and visitors.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly if you would like to discuss in more detail. Again thank you for taking the time to review myself and the team do appreciate the feedback.

Anthony Hutchinson - Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Docklands
Central Business District
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank
Southbank
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank

Been to Vibe Hotel Carlton? Share your experiences!