The hotel was in a good central location in Melbourne. The staff whilst friendly were not overly helpful, except for Alesandro. The rooms were very small and almost zero storage room. Not good if you were on a long trip like us. The lift situation was a disaster. You need to take two lifts to get to your room with a longish walk between and the first lift was nearly always out of service. Still I guess you get what you pay for, but I question it's 3 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Bourke Street Mall, the vibrant heart of Melbourne, Causeway Inn On The Mall is situated in a prime position opposite the GPO shopping complex and Myer department store. Causeway Inn On The Mall's central location makes the hotel ideal for the business and leisure traveller who wish to be in the hub of Melbourne. The hotel is surrounded by lively cafes, fashion & accessory boutiques, Melbourne's famous shopping arcades and major department stores such as David Jones and Zara. Trams and trains are just minutes away from the hotel, providing convenient access to shopping strips such as Bridge Road, Brunswick Street and Chapel Street as well as the DFO South Wharf shopping centre. Melbourne's cultural, sporting and entertainment venues are all a short walk from the hotel, including The MCG, Hisense Arena, Rod Laver Arena, Federation Square, Etihad Stadium, the National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Gaol, Regent Theatre, Crown Casino complex and the Southgate precinct. Attractions such as Luna Park in St Kilda, Melbourne Zoo and Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit are all accessible by tram within a few minutes. Causeway Inn On The Mall prides itself on offering comfortable, well-appointed rooms at affordable prices in the heart of Melbourne. Room facilities include a bar fridge, in-room safe, air conditioning, ironing board & iron, tea & coffee maker, LCD TV with selected Foxtel channels and en-suite bathroom with shower. Facilities at the hotel include a business centre with internet and printing facilities, guest laundry, 24 hour reception and tour desk. The hotel has a discount parking arrangement with Wilson's Galleria car park located at the corner of Little Collins and Elizabeth Streets. Should guests require airport transfers and tours, reception staff gladly oblige to assist with bookings. A hotel that is value for money offering friendly service in a quiet atmosphere in the centre of Melbourne. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Causeway Inn On The Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Causeway Inn On The Mall Hotel Melbourne
- Causeway Hotel Melbourne
- Causeway Hotel On The Mall