1,707 results
All reviews yarra river great location lobby bar a river view room across the bridge exhibition centre tram stop egg station south wharf business hotel business trip valet parking concierge staff pillow menu bit dated free tram spencer street
Reviewed April 20, 2017

I regularly stay at IHG hotels and in this instance disappointed that there was no option to order in room service at check in, and that there was signage suggesting that bed linen had not been changed. An assistant manager suggested that it might of been a mistake because he "ran his hand over the counter, and it's clean". I might just stay at the Hyatt next time...

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. It's not much, but its something different.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear james_stracey,
Thank you for your review.
We regret that you had a less than satisfactory experience during your visit and I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It disheartens me to read your feedback and I would appreciate if you could contact me at Cameron.Abbott@IHG.com so I may discuss your experience further.
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Good hotel for business trip accommodation. Nothing extraordinary but clean, quiet and good location. Also the breakfast was extremely good with fresh berries and fruits. Though I was there for a business, this is also suitable for the families with smaller kids as well. There is lost of good restaurants just around the corner, River Yarra is just next to it offering nice walks and also a big shopping mall as well.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business

Dear saarijuk,
Thank you for providing us with your review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and found your room clean and quiet. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
With kind regards, Cameron Abbott General Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights and will definitely return.
Paid to upgrade for river view room and it was great view up the river with its helicopters and various river activities. We could see the casino (and its hourly display flames) on one side and the city building on the the other.. great view from comfortable room.
Staff were all friendly and the reception staff were efficient and very helpful .
We booked this hotel because it offered reasonable prices, but on our experience it would match any the more expensive hotels in Melbourne.
Highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Dear Chris R,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the views of the Yarra River and Southbank from your room and found our staff efficient and helpful. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
With kind regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and it was great. The rooms are always clean and we had a great view of the river,casino and the city. Breakfast is great and the staff are extremely helpful and polite. I would recommend this hotel for anyone.

Stayed: April 2017
Cameron A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2017

Dear Scott W,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I delighted to read that you found our staff helpful and polite and breakfast great. The hotel indeed is located in a great location and the view from to rooms facing Yarra River is spectacular.

I hope to welcome you back in near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Last minute internet booking at great price for Saturday night . Due to building works in the area , actually finding the hotel drive way was total pot luck and needs much better signage or at least a warning on the internet. Hotel had not got the booking but very helpful at sorting the problem at a good price . So bouquets to staff . Room more than adequate . Beds very comfortable and room facilities and contents good . Only brickbat was the limit on wifi with free access limited to 2 hrs and only the lobby . In this day and age that is just not on . Also valet parking was a bit on the high cost end . Breakfast on the pricey side especially with so many options in the area .

Room Tip: view to Yarra desirable
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear JvB0625,

Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read that you found it difficult to find the hotel drive way. Our hotel do offer free WiFi to all our IHG rewards members and its free to join as well. I was glad to read that you found the room and beds to be comfortable.

Kind Regards,