All reviews electric blinds southern cross station road works wifi connection was excellent ihg member spencer st power outlets stayed here huge shower train station etihad stadium floor to ceiling budget hotel flinders lane great hotel hotel restaurant staff at reception
Reviewed October 13, 2018

I have been staying at this property for many years and avoided in the past couple while work to update the rooms has been carried out. In my most recent visit to Melbourne the work on the rooms was complete and was only impressed by the update. A complete refurbishment meant a modern comfortable stay for this class of hotel and will be sure to return given its convenience to Southern Cross transport hub. Hopefully the work around the pool and gym area will also be finished for the summer. However, one weakness for me at least, I do not find the lounge and dining areas very enticing with so many interesting options nearby, so hopefully this will be next on the agenda.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear Swimsteve,

Welcome back to Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, thank you so much for coming back to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in our refurbished rooms, we agree that the new rooms are both modern and comfortable. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

I was on a 3-day business trip to Melbourne and I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Flinders. I had stayed there earlier in 2017 and I had had a good experience then and it was the same case during this trip as well. The hotel is conveniently located and walking distance from my workplace. The rooms are functional and the property is well-maintained. The staff were nice and helpful - in fact, the lady at the counter helped resolve some problems that I was having with my loyalty membership. I liked the breakfast service as well, especially the make-your-own-juice counter! All-in-all, a nice experience!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Ashwin B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip. I am glad to hear that our staff were able to help you with your problems with IHG Rewards Club. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Last minute booking, well worth it. Checked in late around midnight due to a late flight in. The staff were absolutely amazing and lovely when I checked in. Was expecting to have to check out early but was sooo happy to get a later checkout which allowed me to have the best sleep ever. The bed was super comfy and the room was really spacious. Wish I had more time to enjoy the room and the facilities.

Will definitely be staying here again

Stayed: October 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Texas B

Dear Texas B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our beds. We do agree they are very comfortable!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

My experience with this hotel 9/20-27 2018 was just amazing. The staff was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to ensure me and my families satisfaction. The restaurant service was great and so was the food, the breakfast buffet in my opinion is the best. The location is very convenient to many local attractions, restaurants and the free tram. I highly recommend this hotel if in Melbourne for a short or extended stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
holidayinnmelbourne, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Bryan K,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location. It's something that our staff work hard towards achieving.

I will definitely pass this feedback onto our team, as they will be pleased to hear it.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

A great place to stay. Newly refurbished and comfortable. It was all about the small things - proper sized mugs, lots of powerpoints, a well set up TV, plenty of tea and coffee, and a shower screen that opens inwards! The hotel has a good gym and is close to good food.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business

Dear Megan K,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly refurbished rooms. It is something that our team put plenty of thought into when designing the rooms.

We are glad that you enjoyed our location, we agree there are plenty of great restaurants around us.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.