“Well Located”

Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders
Ranked #78 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We spent a few days in Melbourne for a concert at the Crown Casino, The holiday Inn is within easy walking distance to, South Bank, Crown Casino, Entertainment Centre, Art Galleries, shopping, restruarants and CBD. Staff were pleasant and checkin was a breeze, rooms were clean and roomy, all in all a great central location at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: I have never been a lover of showers over bath tubs, ask if standard shower cubicles are available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear PMGALEA,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel. It is great to hear that you found our location convenient for the concert you attended during your stay and that you were able to visit some of the nearby attractions. It is always nice to hear that your check in experience was enjoyable and our Housekeeping team will appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of our rooms.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked a suite because no other rooms available. The room was smelly and felt like not properly cleaned. The sofa in the living room was broken and not useable.

Worst of all you are charged 1.5% if you pay by credit card!!!

Never again.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Oooo1
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Oooo1,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Please be assured that your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the room and the sofa have been passed on to our Housekeeping Manger for further investigation. Unfortunately, all credit card payments incur a 1.5% surcharge as a standard across our industry. This fee can be avoided should a payment be settled by either debit or cash.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because my company booked a block of rooms here since it was in walking distance to the Melbourne Exhibition Center/Conference Center. The rates were very high and higher than other hotels nearby. The staff were very friendly and welcoming but the hotel isn’t that great for business travelers and not worth the rates being charged when a convention is in at the convention center.

The beds were comfortable enough and the air conditioning worked great but the carpeting should be replaced. No robes are provided but disposable bedroom slippers are? Interesting..

In my room (403) I could only get 1 bar or wireless internet or 0 the entire time I was there. Luckily there is a wired option for a laptop computer. That connection was stable but it required a call their tech support each and every day because after renewing the 24 hour internet (and paying the charge) the browser would only redirect to the hotel confirmation page. You are charged $1 for each call so tack that onto the overall price of the internet.

The bathroom tub and shower tiles were worn but the furniture in the room was fine and not in disrepair. The walls did have a lot of marks all over them and could use a fresh coat of paint.

The hotel isn’t near anything great except the Convention Center. The shopping district is close by but not immediately around the hotel. The tram stop is just a few blocks away.

For my next conference here I am just going to book on my own. I feel there are nicer business hotels near by (Intercontinental 2 blocks, etc) that would be the same price or cheaper but are 4-5 stars. I give the Holiday Inn 3 stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear TravelinLeather,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you felt welcomed by our staff during your stay and that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the Wi-Fi as we do pride ourselves on looking after our business travellers. Thank you for providing your room number so we can investigate further and fix this issue for future guests.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for the 6th time for business meeting. Good location, just 10 mins walk to Crown Casino with heaps of food to choose from in their food court. Convenience store just around the corner. For those who need parking, street parking alongside the hotel is free from 7pm-7:3am. Good service, quiet rooms. A few Japanese and Fast food restaurant nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear MichaelhkHongKong,
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoy returning to stay with us. We are glad that you find the location convenient for your travel needs and that our level of service made for a pleasurable stay. It is great to hear you found our rooms quiet, ensuring a great night’s sleep during your stay.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my 3rd enjoyable stay over a 2 year period for business, and the hotel meets all my needs. Check-in is super quick and efficient, valet parking is also rapid with the car delivery. The wi-fi works well with corporate VPN systems, and the breakfast and bar area provide a good choice with friendly and attentive service.
The rooms are OK, with fresh towels and linen etc, but are a little tired compared to some of the newer establishments; I think this most shows with the carpets, - which especially in the 3 elevators need replacing, or at least a deep cleaning. Irrespective, a well-run hotel with caring staff, - I will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Turbodunc

Thank you for your review on our hotel. It is nice to hear from a returning guest. We aim to do all of the basics well here, an efficient check in and valet, good Wi-Fi and good offerings in our restaurant and bar, along with great personable service. I appreciate your feedback regarding the carpets and elevators, this is an area that we are working on, and you will see improvements in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November for 2 nights due to attending a conference at the nearby Melbourne Convention Centre. The hotel recognised my IHG platinum status and upgraded me to a very decent suite. The standard of the furnishing is good, the food is good both at breakfast and dinner and I thoroughly enjoyed the visit and would recommend it to anyone who wants a very central location and the predictably good quality of an IHG property.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jonathan H

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders. I am glad you enjoyed your room upgrade and found that our location suited your needs. We recognise the loyalty of our IHG rewards club members and I am glad that we recognised your Platinum status. We are please you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6nights. Wifi in room good. Breakfast was so-so. Staffs are friendly and helpful. On my 3rd night here I cane back at 7:45pm and I found out that my door was ajar.

Checked my belonging, all are there. Checked behind the shower curtain, luckily no one was there. Told the front desk the next day and they said maybe it is the door connection problems. They called the technicians to checked on it immediately. Well I was out so I am not sure if they have done something or not cos there weren't any phone call or letter informing me about what has been solved.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear llahmad

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders. We apologise for issue with your room door, we regard hotel security with the highest importance. Please be assured that we have rectified the issue and apologise for not informing you when this was actioned. We pride ourselves on providing an efficient and consistent level of service and are sorry we have let you done on this occasion. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the hotel again soon.