“My favourite place for breakfast!”
Review of Manchester Press

Manchester Press
Ranked #8 of 292 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I love this place. I am not normally patient and hate queues - but I will queue to get in here any day. Great coffee choices. Love the bagel with strawberries and the coconut chia seed pudding is fabulous. When we are next in Melbourne we will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (490)

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Great coffee, amazing bagels, huge portions and good vibe. Chilled out, relaxed, good service. Great value for money. You must try this place out.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

When I travel, I usually follow the crowd when it comes to food. Manchester Press is on one of the alleys in the CBD but lunch time it's always packed. I love their bagels, the blueberry ones with the generous serving of mascarpone and pistachios, really everything is a delight. My friends brought me here when I was new, and now when new friends come visit Melbourne, this is one of the places I take them to. It's hipster-y, the food is all sorts if heaven in your mouth... just basically try it. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

You will catch a whiff of the strong coffee aroma that will draw you into the small lane that houses the quirky little cozy cafe.

I must say that the cappuccino served is very smooth, with enough bitterness that brings out a tinge of faint lingering sweetness.

The bagels I tried, on the other hand, were good but not exceptional. I tried pulled pork bagel and avocado & feta bagel with chorizo.

Imho, I rate this 3.5 stars.

They are less than a min's walk to Tipoo and +39 restaurants, both highly rated Italian joints; so you can do a bit of food tasting in this area, if your appetite is up to it :)

2  Thank GirlfromRedDot
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Came here for Brunch with a friend, did not realise that it was basically all bagels but there is a good variety of sweet and savoury- there's also muesli available I think.

I had the pulled pork and it was very tasty, pork was tender and juicy with the BBQ sauce - perfect for a Sunday morning.

My friend had the sweet blueberry and it looked great.

There was a line when we got there but that's because it opens at 9 - we got in straight away.

Give this place a try - you won't be disappointed.