“A novel experience”

Ranked #594 of 4,152 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Docklands
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I love food, I love wine, cocktails and great service and Oscar's Table had it in spades without any of the usual attitude some Melbourne restaurants can have. I also love reading and writing so I found the atmosphere quirky pleasant without being "themed" or daggy.

I really enjoyed our tapas meal - we shared the son-in-law eggs, tuna, scallops, saganaki, chicken ribs and molten chocolate pudding with pistachio ice cream. Back to reality now and wishing I was there again eating that again!

There are newer reviews for Oscar's Table

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had a satifying lunch today at Oscars. We decided on the 5 course deal and this is where the chef chooses for you 3 sharing plates one main dish & one dessert. We had beautiful seared tuna, croquetes, Bbbq octopus,and then. Decided to go for the 7 courses and had two more sharing plates of red peppers, chorizos & prawns & son in law eggs!!! The main was a breast of chicken in a bland sauce but very moist & last was chocolate flourless cake & pastachio icecream, yum. The servce was attentive and pleasent, the live music from a Guitarist/singer was very good & not too loud.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Melbourne is one of those cities where they say you have to be a local to find the best spots. Being new to the city, I have no idea where these places are. Well now I know one. I met a friend here for a drink, with plans to move elsewhere for dinner, we just couldn't leave. Great wine selection, knowledgeable and friendly staff. Dinner was exquisite (I had the special: vege stack). Atmosphere, fantastic. It's right in the heart of the promenade, the boats nearby, it's such a great setting. Very warm and stylish decor. There's an Oscar Wilde 'theme' (it's his table I suppose), a fantastic giant canvas portrait that itself is worth the visit to check out. Turned into one of those nights, I only remember one of the wines, a Spring Vale Pinot, it was outstanding. Thoroughly recommended!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Excellent service waiter very friendly menu very good Nd well presented

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Went past oscas on saturday night place looked busy,so we decided to go in.Guy on the door was a cracker,reminded me off Tony Soprano. Told us do to come in and we would love it. Well
we did and it was magnificent.food was sublime and service was excellent we will be going back.

2  Thank coffee1964