“Great Atmosphere at DeGraves but....”
Review of The Quarter

The Quarter
Ranked #116 of 4,425 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Degraves St is a great place to try at least 1 meal and the Quarter is one of the most busiest spots here. The Eggs Benedict was average and so was the usual Scrambled Eggs and Bacon. Serves are medium sized.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a cute little cafe on Degraves St recommended to us. It was a popular cafe with a lot of patrons.The first time we visited it we absolutely loved it. I had poached eggs and bacon with Harissa sauce. It was delicious. We went back again and both ordered the scrambled eggs but found them to be over cooked like an omelette. The service however is very good. I would still go back again. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We casually picked this place as our breakfast place on our first day in Melbourne since it was closeby the service apartments we were staying in at Flinders Lane.

Turned out to be awesome - the breakfast is simply amazing, service with a smile can make your day !

Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My daughter and I went recently called in for a quick dinner and were lucky enough to secure a table inside. Even though the cafes along Degraves Street arrange the outside tables quite close together with a gas heater every few metres, it was still too cold to sit outside. "The Quarter" was busy but the staff were on the ball with prompt service delivered with a smile. Besides the regular menu there is a board of interesting specials to chose from. My daughter was very happy with her choice of spinach gnocchi with pumpkin & Gorgonzola ($18.50) - delicious homemade gnocchi with a very creamy sauce and oh, so filling . My plate of Penne Salmon ($21.50) was enjoyable particularly as the salmon was very fresh and cooked to perfection. I was pleasantly surprised to find the price of the spirit drink I ordered -$6.50 - was a lot cheaper than most restaurants charge. That makes a nice change! Overall, the prices are very reasonable. My daughter also commented that her chocolate milkshake was just perfect. We left well fed and happy! Good job, guys!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Whenever we travel to Melbourne we never fail to visit the cafes in Degraves Street for a first class breakfast. The Quarter is one of our regular haunts and is always popular. The staff are very friendly and fun giving superb service with warm smiles ( Sadly I didn't find out their names and can only identify our excellent waiters on our last visit by their fun tattoos! - one had a spider web on the elbow, and another proudly sported a SpongeBob tattoo on his forearm!). The food is always top notch and we enjoyed the eggs benedict with extras such as delicious chirozo and generous hash browns this time. The Quarter is a must!

1  Thank Scott P