“Beer, Brewing and the Best Day Out!”

Aussie Brewery Tours
Melbourne Beer and Brewery Tour
Ranked #10 of 90 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aussie Brewery Tours specialises in small group public and private tours of the breweries, cideries and distilleries of urban Melbourne, the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. Leaving daily from the Melbourne CBD and surrounding hotels, ABT has all-inclusive full day tours as well as shorter night tours exploring Melbourne's urban breweries, distilleries and cideries. Our expert guides will take care of the driving and entertain you with our unique take on alcohol history and culture as you sniff, swirl, skol, taste and laugh your way through the tour. From pilsners to pale ales, apple and pear ciders, through porters, stouts and blueberry champagne, gin and whiskey we will take you on a tour of the world’s best beer and cider styles crafted locally by the passionate brewers, distillers and winemakers of Victoria. All our tours include transport, guide, gourmet lunch, tasting paddles and complimentary drinks. We visit Coldstream Brewery, Hargreaves Hill Brewing Co., Napoleone Brewery & Cider House, Kelly Brothers Cider and Riders Brewery, Gateway Estate, Crafty Squire Brew-house, Mountain Goat Beer, Temple Brewery, St Ronan's Cider at Badger Creek Blueberry Winery, Buckley's Beer, Carlton and United Breweries, Forester's Hall, Two Birds Brewing, Moon Dog Brewing, Craft & Co., Hix Beer at Hickenbotham Winery, Red Hill Brewery, Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Mock Cider, Four Pillars Gin, Nant 1821 Distiller's Bar & Restaurant, The Local Taphouse and The Public Brewery.
Newcastle, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beer, Brewing and the Best Day Out!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was awesome! Scott is witty and informative tayloring the day to feedback wer gave him from his introduction. I was vocal about liking cider and Australia's lack of the good stuff, he educated me and I drank my words! Australia does indeed have fine ciders, Coldstream and Kellybrook are firm favourites. I'm a tentative beer drinking, but found plenty to my liking and learnt why too.
Relaxed, entertaining, would definitely go again!

Wellington, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Must do if your in Melbourne!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Highly recommend, most enjoyable time! Scott was awesome, funny and informative! The breweries were all lovely, really professional and treated us like we were friends of Scott.
I started the tour hating Cider, but now have tasted some of the best and have been converted!
If your in Melbourne this is a 'Must Do' and even wine drinkers will have a blast!

Melbourne, Australia
“Bucking good time!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I organised a bucks party with Scott at Aussie Brewery Tours that turned out to be an awesome day out in the Yarra Valley.
We had a crew of about 20 guys and initially getting everything sorted with Scott was so pain free and easy. He was flexible about times and bus pick up spots and was willing to work around what was planned for the end of the day in the city.
The whole day was enjoyable, even the bus ride both ways was good fun.
We indulged in some great beers and ciders while Scott schooled us with some interesting beer facts along the way. Each stop was well organised so it was a seamless experience where we could all just enjoy a beer without having to worry about a thing, even our amazing lunch at Hargraves Hill Brewery was served moments after arrival.
I'd give the day a 10 out of 10 and the response from the all the boys was that they had a great time too. I'd recommend you check out a tour with Aussie Brewery Tours. It was an excellent option for a bucks party but I'd go again with just mates or family for a sweet day out. Get involved!

Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't miss it! A Melbourne Must Do!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was the highlight of my Melbourne holiday! Scott is a very passionate tour guide and has created an ideal itinerary to keep the day flowing at a perfect pace!

The drive to the Yarra Valley went in no time: Scott is a great source of knowledge on all things beer: I don't think I've ever been so interested in history!

The tastings at each brewery are fantastic with a great selection of beers as well as ciders!! I found the amount of beer/cider included in the tour to be the perfect amount, however there is the option (and the time) at each brewery to have a few more if you can't get enough of what is on offer!

If you are heading to Melbourne and want a great day out in the valley, this is your tour!!

1 Thank Rebecca M
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome tour!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This tour was really personalised and Scott was a fantastic tour guide. I'm not a huge beer lover, but he had stories and facts that were interesting for me as well. I also enjoyed the beers, and there was wine and cider along the way to break it up :) My boyfriend loved chatting about beer all day too! We had a lot of say about how long we stayed at places as well, so it felt relaxed. Highly recommended, wouldn't change a thing :)

1 Thank bdawel