“Food at Gold class Karingal very greasy”

Village Cinemas Gold Class
Ranked #47 of 94 Fun & Games in Melbourne
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Of course the movie was good, the seating great, but the food was very oily.
We had wedges with topping, bacon, cream cheese etc and it was tasty but way too oily.
Fish n chips also extremely greasy, and calamari also. I thought some would be baked or lightly fried but all were deep fried. We both felt sick afterwards from the oil, maybe it was stale or dirty.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
in 27 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My sister and I saw Jersey Boys at Village Gold Class Fountain Gate and loved the experience. We enjoyed the comfortable seating, the service of drinks and food to our cinemas seats and the movie. We will definitely be back!
My only complaint is the $5 booking fee. What did I get for this booking fee?

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Have always loved Gold Class, its a special way to enjoy a movie. Not cheap but you are paying for an experience. Last night was a let down. Firstly, let me say the staff are friendly and helpful, however service can be slow. We were shown to seats in the foyer and after giving us the general rundown, we were told someone would be with us shortly to take our orders. After 10 mins, (too long ) another staff member asked if we were being attended to, to which I replied "I think so, the young lady said she would be back" A young lady was indeed sent back to us straight away(not the original lady) to take our orders. After waiting again for another 10 or so minutes, with my husband and I watching our cinema door and the time, ( I will point out here that last time we had to alert staff to the fact that the film was about to start and we were still sitting in the foyer !!! and we didnt want this to happen again. ) we watched our drinks ?? go into the cinema and out again. Then our dips went into the cinema and we grabbed the young man on his way out and explained that they were for us and our drinks were now doing the rounds of the complex. We elected to go to our seats to make things easier for all and he apologised saying it had not been noted that we were in the foyer . Bad communication. Once in the cinema I noticed how grubby the lounge chairs were , in fact my foot rest was black and I'm not exaggerating !! The final straw came when I discovered chewing gum on the bottom of my bag after storing it in the arm rest during the movie !!!! I would expect this at the local suburban cinema but not Gold Class ... Come on, lift your game. We have been given another gift card so I suppose we will return but the $5 booking fee per ticket( for what??) must be abolished !!! It's criminal that after paying for 2 Gold Class tickets, plus $10 booking fee, only one of us can have a drink with our gift card. However, we did enjoy the movie.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Crown Gold class, expensive, food was terrible, had cheesecake which was dry and hot chocolates that we're cold, complained. They stuffed our order up, plus the bonus was that the chairs came with crumbs on it. Do not bother with this venue, plus how stupid is the 5$ booking fee when you do all the work..

5  Thank Joe c
See more reviews
Reviewed June 13, 2014

When you don't know what to give someone for their birthday a Gold Class cinema ticket is usually a good stand by. They can be redeemed anytime in the next 12 months. Gold Class is available at Crown and the Jam Factory. It is expensive at $39 a session. You do feel a bit special the moment you walk into the Gold Class area of the cinema. There's a lovely waiting area where you can order food or wine and say how far into the film you want it brought to you. There is only 24 seats in Gold Class and they are huge, with a little table between each pair of seats. Best thing is they recline to horizontal. You can sit there in foetal position if you really want. Best save Gold Class for those mega movies which go on for over 3 hours.