Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Traveler5280
Denver
via mobile
VIP Facial

My friend and I wanted to stay out of the very cold afternoon/evening and thought, hey! Why not do... read more

Reviewed August 15, 2017
spuffy_c
Sydney, Australia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Melbourne
from $153.00
More Info
from $97.00
More Info
All reviews relaxing massage visit melbourne orchids vichy mud
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friend & I booked in for a relaxing massage & were not disappointed. From the time we walked in off the busy streets of Melbourne it was a great relaxing experience. Lovely staff & very professional. We especially loved the assortment of teas & delicious biscuits at the completion of our treatment. We will definitely be back next time we visit Melbourne.

Orchiddayspa, Manager at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your kind review - we are pleased to here your treatments and time with us was wonderful. We look forward to having you back another time in the, hopefully not too distant, future.
Kind regards.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Coming from Sydney wasn't sure where to take my friend for her birthday. So so glad I found Orchid. Skin hasn't stopped glowing, massaged away all the tension I've built up from the lengthy car rides. Elise was beyond amazing. It was my first time in 24 years to have a facial - hands down THE BEST. My skin hasn't stopped glowing. Would religiously come here if I lived in Melbourne - but unfortunately, I don't.

Orchiddayspa, Manager at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Hi Natalia,

Thank you kindly for your lovely review. We very much enjoyed having you both in the spa last week. We hope that the next time you are in Melbourne you will come in for some treatments again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

I was given a voucher for my birthday and booked in for manicure and pedicure. The girls were fantastic they greeted me with a coffee and biscuit . Atmosphere was relaxing and staff were friendly and wonderful. It was the best manicure and pedicure I've had in a long time . Definitely going back with my friends . Thank you ladies !!

1  Thank dinavacouftsis
Orchiddayspa, Manager at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Hi Dina,

Many thanks for your lovely review. We very much enjoyed having you in here and look forward to your next visit soon. You should definitely try the Vichy body scrub treatment we were talking about!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2018

I just had the most amazing spa treatments at Orchid Day Spa.
Staff were very attentive and I felt so relaxed and rejuvenated afterwards.
I had a full body massage and a vichy treatment where they scrubbed me with a sugar scrub and then used a mud for a detoxification. This was by far the best treatment I had. Then to finish off, I got to enjoy tea and treats. I will definitely be back very soon!
Thank you ladies for making me feel wonderful

Orchiddayspa, Owner at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Hi Emaz8,

Thank you kindly for your review - it is lovely to hear the great feedback. We hope to see you again soon :)

Kindest regards
Athena

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

A big thank you to the lovely ladies at orchid day spa. My husband and I had our massages and I enjoyed the best facial I’ve had in years. Felt totally relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed our treatments. Highly recommend going there

Orchiddayspa, Manager at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Hi Nada V,

Many thanks for your lovely review. We enjoyed having you and your husband with us at Orchid Day Spa and would love to see you again sometime soon.

Have a lovely day!

Kind regards,
Athena + Ellyse

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

I went there with two of my friends for the start of our girls day.
We all had to fill out forms to state the pressure we wanted our massage and facial information. I asked for a firm massage and noted where my tension was. All 3 of us agreed that the massage was more like they were just rubbing oil on our body. I thought she must of had the wrong information. She felt like they had no idea what she was doing. The facial was very average. One she put the mask on she left the room and came back in when it was time to take it off. Most day spas would massage your face, or shoulders or head during this time.
Afterwards I went out to the seating area and there wasn’t enough seats so I could sit and have a tea or water and relax.
We left feeling very ripped off and not relaxed at all. We wished we went to a different day spa. Highly disappointed.

Orchiddayspa, Manager at Orchid Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Hi there Saraheatwell,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Although it is not the type we like to see, we take each and every review and feedback seriously.

I would like to start by apologising that you were not satisfied with your treatments. Although we do not do remedial or sports massages, our therapists do their best to accommodate to the pressure requested.

As for the facial part, your treatment package included a 30minute express facial - this is where we cleanse, steam, exfoliate the face, apply a masque and then apply a day cream. I can only imagine that the therapists had to step out of the room briefly to obtain another product to finish the facials.

On Saturdays especially, we are extremely busy and are back to back with clients which is why you were not able to have a seat - but if you had have waited just a minute or two for the other clients to be taken into their treatment rooms, the couches would have become available. I'm sorry you weren't able to indulge in this part of the experience.

Lastly, I find it upsetting that you felt "ripped off" after having these treatments. We didn't have any other clients that were unhappy with their treatments and experience on the day so it is hard to read reviews like this.

Apologies again for your disappointment, but maybe a high end, high price tag day spa is more up your alley

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

I was able to get in on the same day I called which was nice. It’s located in an alley with a lot of restaurants. Just walk in by the sign and walk upstairs. They have a lot of color choices. I came in with shellac already on my nails and it took a long time to take it off. After she put on the acetone, she filed the color off my nails instead of scrapping it. Also, I would’ve preferred warm water instead of cold to soak my nails in and the towel used at the end was too hot. That all being said, it’s been a week since I got my nails done (shellac) and they still look great. I chose a pale color and I appreciated that she put four coats on.

Hi there Traveler5280,

Many thanks for your review. Sometimes when we have to remove another salons product, it does not easily come off using just acetone, hence having to lightly file the colour off.
I see you are otherwise happy with your manicure and we hope you come back next time you are around the area!

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

From being roused on when we first walked in I should have known this experience wasn't going to get any better. My two friends and myself had been booked in for a manicure and pedicure - we received 3 totally different experiences. My technician constantly answered the phone and took bookings during my treatments. Another technician failed to do several of the steps that I received and the polish on her fingers looked as if it had been there for 2 weeks. My second friend had the youngest of the technicians - she was sweet, professional and attentive.
Never been to a day spa where you are asked to scrub your own hands. Extremely disappointed with this establishment and would never recommend.

2  Thank Michele D
Reviewed August 15, 2017

My friend and I wanted to stay out of the very cold afternoon/evening and thought, hey! Why not do a facial??

The lady on the phone was fantastic and despite booking at 11am for that afternoon, she fit us in no problem. We had the 'four layer facial' and it was very relaxing - it included a shoulder, hand and foot massage (very brief but very welcome!)

We had the upstairs section to ourselves and they are very generous pre-treatment - there are coffee and tea amenities and a couple of jars filled with biscuits/cookies that you are encouraged to indulge in. We definitely felt like VIPs!

My only complaint is that the bed you receive the treatment on is dead straight and by the end of the session my back was killing me.

Thank you kindly for your lovely review. We are happy that you enjoyed your experiences with us and hope you return to us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Visited Orchid Day spa after great word of mouth reviews on Ellyse's nail work. Service was professional and thorough, I can honestly say I've never had a better Sns application! The girls are so lovely, reading some of these reviews I think that some of these people need a reality check. As an owner of a small business myself I agree to their cancellation policy as it's totally unfair on the business to have last minute cancellations on time that would have been previously filled if the 24 hours notice was given! It's on their brochures, website ect so I'm not sure why these customers are acting surprised! Have some respect for the service industry and don't cancel/reschedule last minute.
I'll definitely be back!