“Brilliant”

The Little Penguin Bus
More attraction details
Owner description: The Little Penguin Bus is a budget-priced express tour operator travelling direct to the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. Enjoy a two hour scenic drive to Phillip Island, with commentary, arriving an hour before the penguins are due to appear. Time for a visit to the cafe, souvenir shopping and learning all about the Little Penguins in the visitor centre. We offer a selection of penguin viewing options and the personal service and small-group atmosphere of much more expensive operators. All fares advertised include return transport and Penguin Parade entry.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I chose The Little Penguin Bus because of the reviews I had read on trip advisor. The whole trip was a wonderful experience and I am glad I went on recommendation when picking which company to go with. Our tour group was small which was perfect, 7 in total and Mack was a very enthusiastic tour guide and obviously very passionate about the business that he runs.

I am on a working holiday visa and though it would have been better for me to choose a cheaper ticket and sit in the larger auditorium to watch the Penguins come in I decided to blow a chunk of my holiday money and purchase the best ticket possible. The Little Penguin Bus is the only tour company that offers different ticket types and gives you the opportunity to have a more private experience. I chose the Penguin Island Tour and was not disappointed. We were in a small group of 10 and were taken out through the back door for a private talk by one of the rangers. We learnt a lot about the Penguins and I didn’t realise how much the Penguin Parade puts into the conservation and protection of the animals. After our walking tour around the Penguin burrows we went to the watch tower to look for Penguins swimming to shore through binoculars. We finished up with front row seats in the much smaller seating area and waited while groups of tiny penguins waddled up the beach. They were about 2 metres in front of us and it was lovely to see them clean their feathers and rest before they hike to their resting place.

I have travelled a lot over the years and normally like to avoid major tourist attractions but this was a very special evening, watching wildlife go about their normal business, something I would never usually see back home in England.

1  Thank Kirstyo-w
Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"small bus"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked this company via a recommendation from a friend and could not have been happier. Mac who runs the company on his own is an excellent guide with a personal and informative touch. We were lucky as we were the only family on the minibus and had a fantastic time. Mac really looks after his customers and his advice on where to seat and times were spot on. Forget the bigger companies go with The Little Penguin Bus for a friendly personal touch. Thanks again Mac.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

What a beautiful and fun evening. Mac was prompt, informative and a great tour guide. His keen driving skills navigated around a large traffic jam nicely! my husband and I loved this tour!!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service . Mac great. Would advise Penguin plus at booking. Worth the extra expense. Perfect pace and small bus means drops to hotels are prompt which is what you need due to late finish.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I agree with all the other positive reviews. Mac is a great tour guide, so friendly and knowledgeable. I am glad I chose a smaller tour operator rather than one of the large coaches as it was a much more personal experience. I went for the Penguin Plus package and it was definitely worth it to get a better view of the penguin parade. Can't recommend the Little Penguin Bus highly enough. Thanks for a great day Mac (and the tips for my Laos travels!).