“Quick Take-away For Travellers or Locals”
Review of Toorak Thai - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Toorak Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner
Description: I have worked in Thai restaurants in the past 20 years, and I can see many customer liking different styles. Some like spicy and some not. The way when we cook, we listen to the customer, and show some different kind of Thai food. Also offer good service to the customer, make the customer smile before they leave. Every time when customer say they like our food, it makes me happy that they enjoy my cooking.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

After a week of trawling Melbourne over the Easter long weekend, I really needed a night in to recharged and was staying just off Toorak Road. There are a number of take-away options in this area but I had spotted this place on the way back from the footy and decided to phone through my order from where I was staying. They said it would be 15 minutes.

I wandered in to get my order and the place was very busy for a Monday night. It was ready when I got there and I was quickly in an out in no time.

I ordered the beef mussamen curry and golden money bags as entree, everything was fresh and tasty and the mussamen was one of the best I have had, with the inclusion of pineapple in it which was different but refreshing. I really liked that the golden money bags contained chicken mince instead of seafood as I cannot usually eat them.

Pricing I thought was good given that I got an entree, main and rice for around $20.00.

Service was quick and no fuss, and I would recommend this place as a quick take-away and might even try to dine in next time I am in South Yarra.

There are newer reviews for Toorak Thai

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beautiful little restaurant and great food at reasonable price. We ate here twice in the week. Very good servings. BYO or licenced.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food is consistently good. It's great for a quick meal, a night out with friends and for take-away.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Given the name of the restaurant and its location, I was expecting so much more from this restaurant.

The person who greeted me on arrival had limited english. I was told I couldn't order for another 10 minutes. Not sure why, and if the restaurant wasn't ready to open, why were people already eating?

My order was taken by a lady who had a much better grasp on english. I ordered a chicken dish done in a Tom Yum marinade. It was very average, and with limited vegies. I was quite bored with the flavour by the time I finished.

Overall the service and food was pretty average. Wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Really great Thai Food. Quick and friendly service.