WINNER WONDERLAND

Rubiras at Swallows
Ranked #347 of 3,781 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Port Melbourne
Detroit
“A Wonderful Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I went to Rubieras upon the recommendation of a concierge at our hotel. We had specified we wanted to eat Italian food that evening, our first in Melbourne. Our cabbie had difficulty finding it, as it is not a tourist hangout and is not on top of downtown Melbourne. We loved it! It was warm, inviting, and unpretentious. The service and the food spoke volumes about how fine this restaurant is! The seafood was superb - our waiter recommended Moreton Bay Bugs, which was something I hadn't encountered previously - (being an American - what do we know?) The lamb was seasoned beautifully,as tender as it could possibly have been . The waiter also recommended a good wine. He was never wrong! By the way, I ordered the Moreton Bay Bugs at another restaurant several days later and it didn't compare to the dish at Rubieras!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank NonniefromMichigan

Sydney, Australia
“top quality, one of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been to Rubiras a number of times, both business and personal. John is a great passionate guy, cares about the food that is presented in his establishment and never fails to deliver.
I have invited business colleagues to impress, friends to have a good nosh and on my own when on various trips - I have never been let down.
It does not matter how you like you fish, it will be done the way you like - I had a steak last time - it was one of the best I have had - beating a tophotel I went to the next day who promoted thier steak offering as one of the best in Melbourne.
Book if you do not want to be disappointed (even in the week)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Davethepom
Singapore, Singapore
“Concierge best recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Travellers brief: Nice food, love seafood, suitable for children, value pricing and near CBD.

Concierge: Rubiras. Thats where the local goes too.

Conclusion: Amazing seafood. Amazing spices and varied cooking styles. Tapas or main courses option. Excellent service and makes one crave for more.

Visited June 2013
London
“A gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were told this was the best seafood restaurant in Melbourne and I have to believe that. Two meals there on a recent trip and wish we had more. FRESH seafood which was delicious--prawns, calamari, muscles, fish, etc. in a small bistro atmosphere with a bar set up in their front room. Ask for a table in their back room and you will love the food, service, and easy feel of this place.

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne
“Melbourne's Best Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

As a local Melbourne businessman I am always looking for a nice place to bring my clients for not only a impressive meal, but also a location where we can have meetings or discuss business. Rubira's at Swallows is excellent at fulfilling both these aspects to a high standard.

Our table was placed up stairs in a private function room, where the service was excellent and so were our meals. The upstairs room was quiet and private and was the perfect set up for myself and my clients. Will certainly be back again whether it be with more clients or just the family!

• Visited December 2012