“Homely Italian cuisine and service”

Maccaroni Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #178 of 4,152 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed September 30, 2012

In passing by, I noticed penne all'arrabbiata on the menu and, recalling Eddy Izzard's 'Death Star Canteen', I just had to go in and try it. I wasn't disappointed and the price ($36 including dessert and a glass ot the house red) was very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Maccaroni Trattoria Italiana

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just been to a great little eatery tucked down a side lane off Collins Street in Melbourne. It's called Maccaroni Trattoria and is perfect if you just want a simple feed of nice Italian home cooked food. Very reasonably priced especially if you come from Perth like we do!! Risotto was very creamy and the Osso Bucco tasted like it had been cooking all day. Vino at $6 per glass very good too. Staff very friendly. Will need to book.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

After flying into melbourne, we ventured out to get a quick meal. We stumbled along this restaurant and it looked busy, so we went in. The restaurant was snug and warm and menu basic, but decent. I had the pumpkin and bacon risotto and Dave had the macaroni. We also had chick pea hash brown like things- these were spectacular! who knew, plain cream coloured slabs could taste so good! the entree was $9, but the serving was huge.
My risotto was incredible.. Serving side was plentiful and it was creamy, flavoursome, fresh, salty and yummy! best risotto of my life!
Daves macaroni was tasty, cheesy and big!

This meal was great, it cost us just under $40 and was well worth every cent. They had a great array of desserts, though we didn't eat any- as we were hanging for churros!

Overall a lovely meal, definitely worth a visit!!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had the lasagne with side salad. The lasagne was very salty and the salad was a VERY basic lettuce/cucumber/tomato salad for $9.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my sister who is gluten-intolerant on the basis of good reviews and location to the theatre. Whilst I was very happy with my meal (the baked maccaroni with meatballs and eggplant), I found the menu options to be limited and the wine list disappointing. Serving staff, though very friendly, did not seem to know enough about the appropriate options for my sister to eat, despite her checking with them on making the booking that they catered for people with Coeliac disease. Her meal, the gnocchi with napoli sauce, was disappointing - with under- and over-cooked gnocchi in the same dish and a sauce lacking in flavour. Prices were quite reasonable for serving size.