“quick, easy and delicious”

Maccaroni Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #201 of 4,420 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After flying into melbourne, we ventured out to get a quick meal. We stumbled along this restaurant and it looked busy, so we went in. The restaurant was snug and warm and menu basic, but decent. I had the pumpkin and bacon risotto and Dave had the macaroni. We also had chick pea hash brown like things- these were spectacular! who knew, plain cream coloured slabs could taste so good! the entree was $9, but the serving was huge.
My risotto was incredible.. Serving side was plentiful and it was creamy, flavoursome, fresh, salty and yummy! best risotto of my life!
Daves macaroni was tasty, cheesy and big!

This meal was great, it cost us just under $40 and was well worth every cent. They had a great array of desserts, though we didn't eat any- as we were hanging for churros!

Overall a lovely meal, definitely worth a visit!!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had the lasagne with side salad. The lasagne was very salty and the salad was a VERY basic lettuce/cucumber/tomato salad for $9.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my sister who is gluten-intolerant on the basis of good reviews and location to the theatre. Whilst I was very happy with my meal (the baked maccaroni with meatballs and eggplant), I found the menu options to be limited and the wine list disappointing. Serving staff, though very friendly, did not seem to know enough about the appropriate options for my sister to eat, despite her checking with them on making the booking that they catered for people with Coeliac disease. Her meal, the gnocchi with napoli sauce, was disappointing - with under- and over-cooked gnocchi in the same dish and a sauce lacking in flavour. Prices were quite reasonable for serving size.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

A secret little restaurant in a hidden lane way that's what Melbourne is all about.. Good food, good service and the price is great for a CBD eatery. Take the time to find this one you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

All I can say is, I will definitely be back! The risotto was spectacular. The servings are also quite large so you can easily share a plate with someone else.
I couldn't finish my meal as it was enormous, so they kindly put it in a takeaway container with a napkin, fork & knife. Brilliant!
The place is small, so book if you have more than 2 people dining.