“Will not return!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Took us ages to find and at the time they still hadn't got there new liquor licence under the new name of the restaurant. We were the only people dining and the food was expensive and average will not be going back plenty of better restaurants in melbourne!

1  Thank Lala6060

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Outback Jacks at the Docklands is now known as Aussie Steak, Burger Bar and Grill. We ordered a medium well steak, and got a medium well steak - FINALLY a chef who knows the meaning of medium well! The steak was delicious but the add on of prawns & fish was not quite worth it - a few pieces of fish and 2 tiny prawns. We also ordered the beef & pork ribs which were good but waaay overpriced. Service wasn't good but if we're ever in Melbourne again and want a yummy steak, we would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

One of the better steak places in the Docklands - though everything "feels" like it's been stored for too long, and not prepared fresh.

2  Thank Brent H
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to have dinner at this place as we were craving some steak. We got there and the waiter offered us a seat at the door and it was windy. (7/10/12) I told him I was uncomfortable with this position and requested a booth seat. He told me that a gentleman was occupying the one I wanted and that the back area was closed for the night (@ 7pm). As I was walking out I noticed the gentleman being given his meal at the bar and the waiter just couldn't be bothered to call us back and apologise. Instead he jus stood there as we walked out. Very bad first experience and I would not recommend this place because of its bad service.

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Before visiting the Outback Jacks at Docklands I had visited a number of other OBJs locations across Australia and had become quite fond of the dining experience they offer. Unfortunately from the word go this place was a disaster.
To begin with trying to get free parking in the Docklands is a joke which means making the effort to visit is huge.
Second the restaurant is vacant. I visited on a Thursday evening during prime dining time and they had 4 other people dining there. Of course we were all seated (herded together) on the tables right next to each other rather than given space to ourselves.
Next the waitress was a backpacker and completely disinterested. Just absolutely hated being there or so she made it seem.
Upon opening a menu I noted at least 10 of the items were crossed out and unavailable including some of their speciality dishes which are apparently offered to differentiate them from every other gimmicky steak joint.
Ordered a pot of Carlton Draught (basic Australian larger) $4.50 and a pot of Coke $3.95, outrageous!!
Whilst attempting to enjoy drinks waiting for meals to arrive, two Asian people were standing to the side staring at their patrons, pointing and talking to each other, which was obviously very off putting. I assume they were the owners as one was in an OBJ uniform.
When the meals arrived disappointment overwhelmed me. $26 for an over cooked and dry 'wagyu' burger and chips.
Overall a very very disappointing experience. I am surprised the franchisor is willing to maintain having a venue like this devalue their brand.
Don't waste your time, effort or money eating here, you will be deeply disappointed.

1  Thank Crossy83