“Hands-down Best Macaroons in Melbourne.”
Review of La Belle Miette

La Belle Miette
Ranked #20 of 105 Dessert in Melbourne
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Hands-down Best Macaroons in Melbourne.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've got an insatiable sweet tooth and a soft-spot for macaroons. After going to Paris a couple years back, I've been craving macaroons and I went and tried out several macaroons from various shops in Melbourne and I've not yet come across a macaroon that bests the ones at La Belle Miette. Must try flavors? All. Though my personal favorites would be rose, salted caramel, lavender and passion fruit. They taste absolutely divine. Flavors are strong- but not to the point of being pungent, chewy but not too hard (or too soft) and just the right amount of sweetness to leave you craving for more.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Albany, Australia
“First Macarons”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was out to find the best so I could taste a "real macaron" as I hadn't tried one before. I researched before going to Melbourne and this little place seemed to be the place to go....nice and easy to find in Hardware Lane and what a selection of flavours. The salted caramel as many have said was just yum and I really liked the pistachio. What I liked was the intensity of the flavours....you didn't have to wonder what flavour it was, you could really taste them without question. I'm glad I found them and tried them....now to try and make my own!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Singapore
“had too high expectations”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After trying macaroons from Laudaree and TWG, I expected to be blown away at this establishment... tried the lemon macaroon and it tasted so-so. Hubby's take on the cherry blossom and sake macaroon was purely "too sweet". Guess we'll have to try other flavours another day.

• Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
“Best Macarons I have ever tasted!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Another gem located in Hardware Lane. Despite having to line up for these tasty delights it is well worth the wait! I have never tasted such amazing Macarons - my fav's this time were definitely the scone with jam and cream and the salted caramel. Thank goodness I don't live in Melbourne otherwise they would be a daily indulgence!

• Visited July 2013
Sydney
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward after reading some good reviews. I had rapsberry which was ok. The opera was rather solid as if in the fridge too long . May be it is not a very popular flavour.

1 Thank Alice S