“A must see in Melbourne”

Queen Victoria Market
Ranked #31 of 4,180 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I go here at least once a week. The deli hall is fantastic. Get a Borek for lunch and enjoy the sites of the rest of the market. Don't forget closed Monday and Wednesdays

Reviewed June 11, 2013

a good place to have a bite to eat, with plenty of good options very within the market area. Heaps of stalls selling anything and everything, a good walk around while you do a little shopping

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I must admit I'm biased because I'm a complete sucker for cheese and I entered directly into the dairy section of the Queen Victoria Market. Truly a cheese lovers heaven, I found my belly somehow full of cheese without actually purchasing any. I'm definitely guilty of lingering around the tasting tables, and repeated the experience by tasting organic wines (seek out some chilli port from the Flowerdale Winery, it sent electric shivers across my tongue and I *SHOCK* actually bought some). The markets are definitely worth a stroll around, although some sections are repetitive and sell lots of junk. Also just remember that these markets close on Mondays and Wednesdays!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The fresh food markets are just to die for. The other markets weren't as good as years ago with not as much variety, depends on which day you go, during the week or on a weekend. Colourful characters abound.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Definitely worth a visit. Loved seeing the meats and seafood. The deli section was extensive, though less impressive as others I've visited. The fruits and vegetable markets were good, too, though the sections we saw (closest to the market) were not as extensive as I thought they would be and WOW was it expensive.