“:D”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chapel Street
Description: A La Bouffe Bar & Bistro is where you will experience true French Hospitality. When the French back home gets together with friends and family to prepare a meal, when all the chopping, mixing and baking and cooking is done! the cook call out "A La Bouffe" Let's Eat, and everyone sits down to enjoy their home cooked meal. That is what you will experience at A La Bouffe Bar & Bistro - an informal, friendly and delicious experience. No pretensions, just good friendly service and delicious food.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I couldn't ask for a better French meal than the one I had here. Lovely staff, good service, good price. The duck is amazing, a the Tatin is the real one. I def recommend it.

6  Thank Afsierra

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My Fridays are sometimes punctuated with a business style, week ending wind down lunch, taken with up to 8-12 other gentleman, mostly. The choice of establishment to dine at is usually decided by the others as I'm the newest member to the group.
How ever, with some indecision and a recent repetitive nature to our visits I suggested we try A La Bouffe as a group, having been there myself a few times previously.
Most of the guys had arrived as I walked through the door, and soon Jacky our host and chef was keen that we sit ourselves down and begin.
Our group was final at 9 persons.
All ordered drinks, washing away the weeks cares, before ordering entrées and mains.
6 different entrées were ordered and 5 different mains. For a bunch that measures very hard on the scale of measuring up it was universally decided that we should all make this our local and perhaps even set up an office there to boot.
The service as always, perfect.
The food, without out doubt a stand out.
Would we go back, I think the rest are still there as I had to leave early. Truly superb food every time.

6  Thank richard b
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The food here is amazing and the service was outstanding! The waitress we had, Morgane, was extremely helpful and went out of her way to make sure our night was extra special

6  Thank Kirstyjohnson1
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just had another fantastic meal with Jacky and the crew at A La Bouffe.

The restaurant is my mothers local favourite, so no surprise we get there a bit. All the staff are French speakers, so you get to practice a bit of your linguistic skills too. The staff are friendly and helpful, but not pushy.

Meals are genuine and well priced, specials change regularly, good range of domestic and French wines, many quite well priced.

All in all an excellent dining experience.

6  Thank NGMatthew
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This restaurant definitely delivers in decor, presentation and meals. We were served by a wonderful waitress who was constantly polite and courteous throughout our engagement.

For entrée, the Terrine Ou Rillettes De Porc was a simple starter with an abundance of flavours. For main, the Poulet Basqaise was a scrumptious delight. Lastly the dessert which was the Crepe Suchard a la Jacky was highlight of the three meals. The pastry oozed a sensational chocolate sauce with rich flavours and with the ice cream, it was the perfect taste!

I would give a higher score beyond excellent! I cannot wait to visit this restaurant again! Highly recommend

6  Thank Shane T