“Hidden Gem - Such a Fantastic Place!”
Review of 1806

Ranked #156 of 4,065 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: 1806 is the most unique, full service, cocktail bar in Melbourne CBD. Located at 169 Exhibition St, it is an experience like no other in the city.
Melbourne, Australia
“Hidden Gem - Such a Fantastic Place!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I stumbled across 1806 on our way back to our hotel on Saturday night.

The atmosphere is incredible - it's without a doubt one of the most relaxed and unpretentious cocktail bars that I have ever been into. Even though we were seated at the bar for the entire night (we ended up staying for about 5 hours), we were very comfortable.

The staff are fantastic! We were served by a lovely guy who was very friendly and informative, and he helped us to make some great choices from the ridiculously extensive cocktail menu. The guys and girls making the cocktails were lovely too. Also mesmerising to watch - I could have easily sat there all night watching them make the drinks. They're a very talented bunch, and it's really refreshing to see people that are clearly passionate about what they do!

We had eaten dinner before we went in, so didn't sample any of the food, but the menu looked good (I'll hold out for the baked camembert next time). The cocktails however... YUMMY. We ended up having 5 each, and they were all absolutely delicious (one of the best Mojitos I've ever had...). I loved Aviation - it tasted like parma violets and was beautifully made. Watching the Blue Blazer being made was by far one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

All in all, an amazing experience. It's pricey but worth it and we will definitely be coming back.

Visited April 2014

“Great cocktails”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went here on a Friday night and got there early enough to get a table. The cocktail list is indeed very extensive but I found a new favourite very quickly! The Last Word - absolutely delicious! I can't tell you what's in it but it's very herbacious and I love that taste.

We had planned to stay on for a bite to eat but cocktails don't go so well with cheese platters and the wine list is very small so we didn't try the food. I will be back however, it's a lovely place to start the evening, and I'm sure to end it.

• Visited March 2014
“awesome cocktails”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great service, awesome cocktails, the place got a great atmosphere and they can make whatever you like. Great place to start or end a night.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank boldenbolden
Wellington
“Okay but didn't do it for me”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were so looking forward to a visit here while in Melbourne. It was full up with bookings on Valentines night so we got in early for a cocktail the next night. Yep, v extensive list but their variety didn't do it for me, I choose long cocktail from the makers list in the end. The service was fine, the environment is too dark and theatrical for my liking - extremely dimly lit; avoid or go armed with a torch. Due to the extensive list of drinks it would help if they could indicate whether the cocktail is a martini (glass), short or long cocktail. Prices are quite high -average of $18 per drink.

• Visited February 2014
Devonport, Australia
“Best list of Cocktails”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I attended 1806 on the weekend for my best friends hen's weekend. We were blown away by the amount of cocktails on their menu and how perfectly they were presented and not only that they were delicious. We will definitely be going back again and again

• Visited January 2014