“Cocktails Galore!”

Ranked #31 of 4,448 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: 1806 is the most unique, full service, cocktail bar in Melbourne CBD. Located at 169 Exhibition St, it is an experience like no other in the city.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We popped in for a few cocktails to warm up the night, and that's where we stayed. We had a big booth. We spent a small fortune. We didn't wake up with as many memories as one would have liked, but our photos are testament to the fun we had. I blame the bartender entirely. The menu is extensive, and if you don't do cocktails very often it can be overwhelming to select one. But rest assured just tell the bartender all your favourite ingredients and he will invent something for you! We had a really great night. I can't comment if they are the best cocktails in the world, I'm no expert, and I cant say with any certainty how generous the alcohol is in them (my photos suggest there was). All I know is I went out with some mates into a small intimate bar with dark décor and an attentive bartender, and we had a really great time! What more do you need?

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Décor is cool, place is small. The scene is not that great. Can take some time to get your order taken if busy.
Thought cocktails were overpriced for the small amount of liquid received! Glass is always filled to the max with ice, alcohol is light on. Cocktails are strong in taste but this seems to be a lot of flavour, which a lot are citris based. I dunno, maybe I didn't try enough but for 4 cocktails between 2 people it was $100 and thought for the quality I'd stop there. Make em better at home. Wont go back.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

1806 was a great find for a cocktail or two before heading off for dinner. In a great location this small ‘hole in the wall’ bar was a great find. The service was exceptional and personalised with our bartender offering a wealth of knowledge regarding the entire cocktail menu; be warned the list is long and it’s easy to get lost in the pages. The prices are what you would expect for any cocktail in Melbourne ranging from $15-$20+. It was the perfect start to our night. 1806 would also be fantastic for events, especially if you happen to have a ‘flappers’ theme.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Decided to find this hideaway in the city after reading a few reviews. It did not disappoint, staff were great, service impeccable. We went back on our last night in Melbourne for a cocktail degustation which was a brilliant experience. Thanks all at 1806. Recommended!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

A very nice cosy place to have a cocktail. They used to have Taittinger by the glass but now they are selling the cheaper champagne which is a disappointment.

Snacks could be improved a bit but overall it is a great place for couples to hangout. Location is perfect.

1  Thank Chris W