“Great Steak”

Neighborhood: Docklands
Feilding
“Great Steak”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Meal was well priced and steaks cooked to order. Service was good

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Denise C

Perth
“A little pricy for what you get”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Quality of food and service was ok but thought the overall price was a little steep in return for what you got.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Bob6282
Launceston, Australia
“They need to get their act together.”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

They delivered the wrong cut of steak to my wife. They did not respond well when we pointed it out. They offered $20 as compensation. Wine service and seating were lacking compared to the price. This is definitely NOT an American restaurant although it is part of two in the US. This cranky yank did not enjoy the experience at all.

• Visited August 2011
Launceston, Australia
“Won't hurry back”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My Hubby and I thought this would be an excellent place to head for a meal before the footy. We had a look and there was a $49.00 two course which was in our price range. We wer given a table right at the back of the restaurant next to the comings and goings form the kitchen. It would have been the worse table in the house whilst all the good tables sat vacant. We both ordered the Caesar salad and New York Cut Sirloin. The salad came out and we hunted around for the bacon and the croutons eventually finding some under the soggy lettuce.. To buy this salad off the menu (not the special deal) would have been $14.00 and not worth it.

Now for the main course. As we both ordered the same steak, with the same chips you would think they would look the same. No, not here. I didn’t get a New York Cut Sirloin but a Scotch Fillet. When I questioned them on this I was told it was the same just cut differently. I think he thought I had idiot tattooed on my forehead. I have never had New York Cut Sirloin which had the fat line running right through the middle of the steak rather than around the edge. We were offered a “free” drink for the steak error but they still maintained they were right. Hubby enjoyed his Sirloin where as my Scotch left a lot to be desired.

The drinks were also expensive. I should have realized that it wasn't the place to go when the restaurant next door was full and this one was empty. Have learnt for next time :)

Visited August 2011