“Best way to see a city”

Tours on Trike Melbourne
Ranked #86 of 272 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Melbourne Tours on Trike offers exciting Three Wheeled Adventure Trike Tours daily from Docklands. Our Big Blue Three Wheeled Excitement Machines carry two (2) passengers & your Rider. Experience the Freedom of a Three Wheeled Adventure on board one of our Custom Built BoomTrike Mustang Thunderbirds fully imported from Germany. Our Tours are unique, something completely different and a most memorable way to see Melbourne.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This would have to be the perfect way to see a city. I would do this as soon as I got to Melbourne so that you can get your bearings and then go and look more in depth at the sights you see on the tour. I took my two kids aged 12 (twins) with me on a two hour Bay to Bridge ride around Melbourne with Allan. It started out with perfect weather at Dockside, if not a bit chilly and then we had some rain around the Bay and then when when we got into the city it was sunny weather again. I wanted to see the Bathing Boxes at Brighton which Allan kindly detoured from his regular tour to accomodate. We also saw almost everything that Melbourne has to offer - which is a great deal. The commentary was great and not intrusive at all on the tour. The trike offers a view without restrictions. The kids were happy to sit and wave at other kids going past in cars like they were royalty. I even got a "that was awesome" from my hard to please 12 year old girl so it must have been good. Couldn't recommend this enough if you want to see Melbournhe. I would have loved to have done a longer tour but two hours is great anyway. The jackets and gloves provided were enough to keep you warm as well. A little bit of rain really made this a Melbourne experience for us. Fun and enjoyable way to see a city and surprisingly relaxing.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Never had a chance to see Melbourne so booked a two hour trike tour. She was a bit hesitant at first. Had a great time. The only thing that limits your view wa how far can you twist your neck. Perfect weather, great info from our driver\guide, a realy fun way to see the city.
Next time we will plan our time and do one of the full days.
Recomend to all, we both enjoyed the ride. I want to buy one, she says wait for lotto.
Dave and Megan from Darwin.

1  Thank DaveSpencerofDarwin
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This tour was one of the highlights of our trip to Melbourne. From the first moment we booked the 2 hours Bay-city-bridge tour we knew that we going to have a ball.
I should have started my story to say a big thank you to Alan, who looked after us perfectly, he was punctual, he has shown us so very much, his commentary was most wellcomed as this was our first visit to Melbourne. He has taken us to places where as tourist we wouldnt' have gone. We recommend this tour company 1000% and we feel that money was well spent.

DocklandsTrikeMan, Owner at Tours on Trike Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for the terrific feedback, we do try to make our tours something quite special for all our Visitors, it is always a pleasure to hear good things about our business and as we discussed on the tour, Melbourne has a great "Visitability" about it and I see by your other reviews about Melbourne you enjoyed your visit. Thank you again for the fantastic feedback.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was a great experience. 2 hours on a trike touring Melbourne. Alan our driver was very diligent about safety and our comfort whilst on the trike. Would thoroughly recommend this as a must do while in Melbourne. Alan is flexible on the tour and will take you where you want to go. If you don't have a plan or just want to see places of interest, Alan is the perfect guide. Well done Alan.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Thanks Allan for a wonderful bayride on Saturday your instruction on landmarks and the wind in my childrens face allowed for an enjoyable experience we will be back for a bay run as long as we can get fish and chips on the way.

Keep it up

DocklandsTrikeMan, Owner at Tours on Trike Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

This Tour was really something quite special, especially celebrating Andy's Birthday with our Bay City Bridge Tour. Getting the Double High 5 from Andy when we arrived back at Trike HQ in Docklands absolutely made my day. Our tours are something completely different, they are a fantastic option for people with disabilities, it's great that you all enjoyed the experience and thank you for the terrific review. Fish & Chips next time...no problem...