“my story of the”

National Sports Museum
Book In Advance
$19.52*
and up
National Sports Museum General Entry Ticket with Optional Melbourne Cricket...
$96.76*
Sports Lovers Tours of Melbourne
$121.16*
Sports Lovers Tour of Melbourne plus Foster's Australia Brewery
Ranked #18 of 433 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the MCG, the National Sports Museum presents world-class exhibitions of significant sporting artefacts. The museum houses the Australian Gallery of Sport and Olympic Museum, Sport Australia Hall of Fame, Australian Cricket Hall of Fame, Australian Football Hall of Fame, Champions - Thoroughbred Racing Gallery and temporary exhibition areas addressing the sporting issues and events of the day. Interactive and audiovisual displays enhance the visitor experience. The National Sports Museum also manages the MCG Tours. This is a vibrant, exciting and attractive mix of sporting information, cultural heritage, and interactive entertainment. The National Sports Museum serves the MCG's match-day patronage, as well as catering for families, schools, seniors and tourist groups, seven days weekly.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

when i went there i was with my family so when we got to do the cathy freeman runing races i had good fun. i was enjoying all the thing you had there and all the thing you could do there

There are newer reviews for National Sports Museum

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I cannot believe that we have lived in Melbourne for so long and not visited this brilliant museum sooner!! If like us you have ignored it make it a must do in the near future, you won't be sorry. We spent just on 2 hours here that absolutely flew by and have resolved to visit again to see everything that we missed! Every sport that has been played at the MCG is very well documented with loads of memorabilia and information however not all sports are given the same attention. If you love cricket you will not be able to drag yourself away and the Shane Warne hologram was enthralling.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took my 2 children (aged 12 & 14) and my mother to the MCG to visit the Natinal Sports Museum.
The volunteers were very friendly and explained where all of the exhibitions were situated.

We had a great time looking at the AFL, Cricket, Olympic and Horseracing displays. The holigrams of Shane Warne and James Hird were really interesting.

The children especially enjoyed trying out the various sports in the interactive display.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Loved the way it is presented. Australia is a sporting nation and the museum reflects that. Found that the guides were full of knowledge and very helpful.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

A haven of peace and quiet, like a shrine to every sporting code imaginable. I am not a sports person or fan but I really loved this venue especially the Olympic section, Shane Warne hologram, the Fashions in the Field section and the delightful older gentlemen in their striped blazers who told me so much about crickets balls I never knew before!!

We had complimentary tickets but I would go again and pay for the experience.