“Love the beds”

Ranked #66 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Love the beds”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have stayed here twice now, the first time in a Lush Studio and then a 2 Bedroom with some friends in February for 4 nights.

My favourite thing about the hotel is the beds - they are so comfortable! I even went as far as asking where I could buy one, unfortunately it's not possible,

My friends and I arrived at around 10am. We asked if we could leave our bags while we went out. We were told that we were welcome to check in and leave our bags in our room, though the room was still being prepared for us. All the reception staff I had any contact with were very friendly and helpful.

Both rooms I have been in were quite spacious. There was plenty of room for four of us in the 2 bedroom apartment. Other reviewers have pointed out that the bathrooms are quite small, but I'm happy to deal with that and have more space in the room. I thought the decor was interesting, a good interesting! It's nice to be somewhere with different interiors to the usual generic hotel rooms.

I also really like the location. It's easy to get any from St Kilda Road by tram, but the hotel is far enough from the city to be away from the noise. There is very little street noise, despite trams running regularly past the front door.

I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartments have a separate entrance to the rest of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is a little bit out of the CBD on St Kilda Road but the easy access to trams and taxis balances out any convenience that may be lost.

The hotel itself has a modern vibe about it whilst at the same time maintaining a very comfortable feel.
Staff were accommodating of all requests.

Internet access is via Wi-Fi and the rooms are fitted with a basic kitchenette and full sized fridge.

During this stay I ate in several of the local cafes but the 1 absolute standout was on the other side of the road – Epicure.

Bedding is very comfortable.

1 Thank Aaron_from_Canberra
aussie in queensland
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This property is very comfortable, and the beds are great, they provide full size refrigerators and the rooms are clean, well presented, and comfortable,
Even though its slightly out of the way for city attractions it is handy to Commercial Rd Chapel street and the attractions and clubs there

The only down side is parking is overcharged in the property but you can park for free in nearby streets after 5pm

Good property well worth the stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the building or the north side.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My mother, sister and I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for a mothers day night away. We paid $219 for the night (including breakfast for 2) through WOTIF. I had read other reviews before going and was feeling as though i may have made a mistake BUT i was proved wrong in almost every way. We arrived and checked in, the lady was very helpful when explaining parking and casually said that we could have a late checkout for free. The apartment was huge, with very comfortable beds and an amazing view over StKilda road. The only tiny complaint i have is that the air-con unit (atleast i think that's what it was) on the master balcony was extremely noisy at night and woke me up several times. But besides that I had a wonderful stay and would recomment mint rhapsody to others, especially the 2 bdrm apartments! The breakfast at the cafe next door was beautiful (great coffee!). We also went for dinner and shopping at jam factory via taxi which was only a small $10 each way! I wish we had booked a longer stay. Would highly recommend eating at Groove Train at the Jam factory, lovely service and great food. Overall, our experience was fantastic!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Benalla, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was another "secret hotel deal" and at only $97 it was much better than expected.

The check in staff were excellent, polite and friendly. The room was very modern in design and this may not suit all travellers. The silver chairs and royal blue bar stools were comfy and the small yet well stocked kitchenette was a pleasure to prepare breakfast in.

Great hotel for the money

• Stayed May 2012
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights for a conference. What I wanted was a comfortable place to stay that I could make my own meals and be close to where I needed to go. Stayed in a Lush Studio and it was completely adequate for my needs. IGA and other shops within easy walking distance to get supplies. My room fronted St Kilda Road and I was worried about the road noise as I am a light sleeper, first night I used one ear plug to go to sleep and the next night didn't need it at all.Trams outside apartments so even though a distance from CBD, able to access transport easily. Kitchenette satisfactory for short stays, room clean with no odour. I had a small balcony that was good to get some fresh air. King size bed very comfortable and pillows good. Work desk in room with Internet available (MB limit) for no charge but perfectly adequate and appreciated for checking emails and doing banking etc. Everything completely adequate and fulfilled my needs for the stay at a reasonable price. Only downer was Reception was a bit hit and miss. Some extremely helpful with great information on shops and places to eat etc whilst one lady in particular doing her job and nothing else. I would stay again if needed to be in this area.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 5 times in 10 days & just love the decor of the rooms but I will never stay here again because of the bad customer service. on my 5th visit I was told I had to present I.D. and put down a $200 bond that would take up to 5 days to release after I checked out!!

I don't mind paying a bond and releasing it when you check-out but to have to wait 5 days is ridiculous. I tried to explain to the staff that I had not, on the first 4 occasions of staying here, been asked for this before. The night manager's response was "I can't explain why they have broken the rules but all I can say is you can't stay here unless you pay the $200 bond!!"

I stay in Melbourne at least once a week and now this hotel has missed out on my repeat business. I don't care how great the hotel is, treat me bad and I'll never come back.

What a shame, great hotel but bad service (and not only on this occasion, the previous 4 stays the service was bad but no where near as bad as this particular night manager.)

4 Thank TheWebCeleb