“Simon, Your a champ”

Sports Lovers Tours of Melbourne
Ranked #74 of 260 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Melbourne Sports Tours offer interactive and fun guided tours of Melbourne and its sporting culture. Tours include Sports Lovers Tours of Melbourne incorporating Melbourne Cricket Ground Tours (Behind the scnese of the MCG), National SPorts Museum, Rod Laver Arena Tours (Behind the scenes of The Australian Open Tennis Championships), Flemington Racecourse (Home of The Melbourne Cup) and many options including PLAY Tennis, Stomping Ground Craft Brewery, Eureka SkyDeck...and more HORSES, WINE & BEER TOUR - Relax and let our tour host drive while you enjoy the view and a few... Meet famous horses and enjoy morning tea in the historic homestead at ‘Living Legends’; a Parks Victoria retirement village for our favourite retired Champion racehorses. Enjoy lunch and wine tastings at Gisborne Peak and beer tastings at the Holgate Brewery in Woodend. AUSSIE RULES FOOTBALL with a local host Your local host will explain all the rules, bumps and bruises of our unique game during this private tour experience enjoying the best seats in the house. Meat Pie, Beer, Competitions, Club Scarf, Club Songs, Rules Sheet, Football Souvenir Record included at The MCG or Etihad Stadium. Private Tour for 1 to 100 people. Ask about a skills coaching session; learn to handball, kick, mark
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Simon, Your a champ”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We went on the Ultimate Sports tour which included Flemington, MCG, Rod Laver Arena and Etihad Stadium lunch. It is great value and a must do If you have a day spare. Price is great for the value that's goes in. Simon was our guide. He is a champ. Very knowledgable and friendly. Will have a laugh and join the debates on footies big issues in the car trips. Would do again.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dylzyisthestig
MelbourneSportsTours, Front Office Manager at Melbourne Sports Tours, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. The Ultimate Sports Lovers Tour is certainly a great way to get behind the scenes of all things sport in Melbourne and Simon certainly is a wealth of sports knowledge and stats!

We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers

Gisborne, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Personalised Tour”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had a great tour with Simon in March this year. We were the only couple as others booked on the tour could not make it on the day. (A Tuesday) We visited Flemington Racecourse which was magic. Perfect day, looked a picture with all the roses still out and the place virtually to ourselves. My husband was very excited to be able to walk out onto the track at the finishing post. We stopped by Arden Street, North Melbourne and saw the team training.

Lunch at Etihad Stadium, which was included, was very nice. We sat in the dining room overlooking the ground. Lovely setting, and the food was really good. We also drove around the sporting precinct of Melbourne taking in Rod Laver Arena, Aami Park, Goshes Paddock and finishing at The G where we did the MCG tour.

Simon was very accomodating and happy to pass on his vast knowledge of the places we had seen. He was also happy to adjust the tour as we went to fit in with our interests. Not always possible I guess if there is a bigger group, but I'm sure he would try to tailor the tour as much as possible regardless of numbers. We ended the day at the Aquarium, which was our choice of a number of options given to us at the time of booking.

I must say, our tour was given to us as a gift and we were unable to use it in the timeframe originally stated, but the company was wonderful and twice extended our use-by date for which we were very grateful.

The tour lasted approx 6 hours but went very quickly. Thanks Simon.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank b00bytrap
Evesham, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Informative and entertaining”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked this tour on a recommendation from a friend, my husband was meant to join me but couldn't at the last minute but I decided to continue without him and I'm so glad I did. I had a great day seeing behind the scenes of some of Melbourne's world reknown sporting sites and even learning the secrets of infamous local sites as well. Simon clearly loves sport and his city and it was a joy to see the city through his eyes. He's very approachable and personable and makes sure to get to know you in order to point out things of personal interest. I took the MCG tour which was very insightful, it's amazing how many great events have taken place there! Lunch at Etihad Stadium was very good and I had a great day on a tour I'd thought would be more my husbands cup of tea than my own!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Rebecca R
MelbourneSportsTours, Front Office Manager at Melbourne Sports Tours, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so pleased that you had a great day. Next time you visit, we would love to meet your husband too!

Cheers
London, United Kingdom
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Great fun for sports nuts, but also just to see Melbourne”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Not much of a secret that Melbourne is all about sport, but this tour really gets the point across how much of a big deal it is. I really enjoyed the personal bus trip, it was like riding around with a few mates, except one of them really had a lot of local knowledge, it didn't feel at all like one of those tours were everyone follows the guide, you stop at something and get an explanation and then you walk on.

The stories our tour leader had were entertaining, although he had a curious obsession with crowd attendances, and the places he takes you too, might seem obvious once you're there, but I think I probably would have missed most of them if I was trying to do it on my own.

I chose to visit the tennis centre towards the end of the tour because it's the sport I was more interested in, but you can do the MCG tour if you want instead, they're right next to each other. You just have to let them know when you book the tour which one you want to go on. The tour leader was really flexible though and was happy to hang around for a few people in our group who wanted to stay a bit longer. I went back and did the MCG tour seperately the next day.

The lunch at Etihad Stadium was a great finish too, try the chicken parmagiana.

Visited April 2012
South East England
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Unmissable for sports fans”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

No other city in the world can boast of hosting so many international sports events. This tour was friendly, informative and flexible. I had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Visited November 2012