“Great Ocean Road Day Tour - couldn't have been better!”

Melbourne Australia Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are family business offering 1 day great ocean road, Grampians, Phillip island tour, package tours, private tours, many more at all family friendly prices. We also provide halal, vegetarian, chinese and western food as some of our dietary food choices. Free wifi on all our buses.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went on the Great Ocean Road day tour with Melbourne Australia Day Tours guided by Colin (the owner of the company).

Colin made me (traveling alone) feel welcomed from the very first second on. He had a great way to bring the people of the small group in contact, chatting all the way to the Great Ocean Road and making you feel part of his family :) That way the time until we reached the first stop just flew.

The Great Ocean Road itself is beautiful and with this tour you see all the important and amazing spots like beaches, the Twelve Apostels, the London Bridge and when you're lucky (as we were) Koalas, Kangaroos and colorful birds. Colin even stopped at a lookout which is not on the itinerary after we asked him to do so.
The included lunch has been okay (enough choices for everybody) and plenty to get energized for the rest of the day! And we also got tea/coffee and biscuits for which Colin choose a nice place away from the crowds :) The van has been comfortable (a must for such a long day).

I can only say: There is absolutely no reason to pay more for the Great Ocean Road day tour than you pay with Melbourne Australia Day Tours - you see everything and meet nice people! Thank you Colin for the great trip! I wish you and your family all the best for the future and hope to come back to see the Great Ocean Road with you again. I'll definitely recommend the tour to everybody going to Melbourne!

1  Thank LaPsych
lecoolest01, Owner at Melbourne Australia Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Hi la, I wanted to say thanks for the great review I had a great day serving you and I remember our chats which you great your a really nice person and by that it makes my job a pleasure to serve you. I wish you all the best in your career in Queensland and I hope we get to see you again either if its just for one of our chats. Kind regards to you and love ones. Colin M

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have now reached Malaysia after six wonderful days in Melbourne. We had a fabulous vacation, mostly in part to the hard work and dedication of Melbourne Australia Tours. Thank you for the splendid time we had on your tour. In Great Ocean Road our, we had so much fun experiencing the wonders and beauty that the landscape could provide. It was wonderful getting out of the city for the day and experiencing the countryside.This was definitely one of the key highlights for our holiday in Melbourne. Our guide; Matthew, was very friendly and knowledgeable on his tour. He was a careful driver and very considerate. We didn't feel like we were rushed at all - and had enough time at each place to try everything and to have look around. We had lunch in a small town and the food was great.
In addition,we also did Phillip Island tour. On that day, all of the places were terribly crowded making it very difficult to enjoy anything. We were able to see the penguins only on our way back to the centre along the boardwalks.
I would give Melbourne Australia Tours the highest recommendation, and will not only be recommending them to others but will most definitely be using them again as we seek out future vacations. Thanks again, Matthew and Colin, wonderful memory!

1  Thank Idris J
Reviewed January 13, 2013

From Hotel pick up to drop - a person don't need to worry for any thing if the tour is led by Colin. Food, sight seeing, van, guide - all are world standard and at very reasonable price. I would recommend all my friend and family to take Melourne Australia Tour Service.

1  Thank Asukhiani
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Once again in Melbourne and once again took Athens Great ocean road tour with Melbourne Australia Tours. We are very satisfied with the excellent service we receive from Colin and his tour guide Mathew. Highly recommend this tour company.

1  Thank mtsakrios
lecoolest01, Owner at Melbourne Australia Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Hi Michael, thank you for joining us a second time we had you last year as i drove the tour personally I am happy that you like and were happy with our tour manager Matthew service he is such an important member of our team and is becoming not just a tour manager, but a specialists at the Great ocean road Tour which he has learnt not just from the books staff have to read, but from experience of doing this tour 2 to 3 times a week. A big thank you and I hope we can see you again in the future, kind words to you and your family members. Thanks Colin May owner of Melbourne Australia Tours.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great Ocean Road tour was great - good planning and very well organised! Excellent value for money. However the tour guide Matt is not really suitable for this job - lazy and uninterested.

lecoolest01, Owner at Melbourne Australia Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thanks for your review I am so happy you like the way the itinerary and the tour was organised it makes me happy conciding management spend a lot of time in getting it right for clients and tour guide. Now for the tour guide, I have investigated and spoke to all the other customers on the bus and either meet with one customer after and he said mat did a great job. The client who said Matt did a great job maybe thinks they might be no connection between you two . Whatever the reason, I hope you enjoy the new year and we hope to see you again on one of our other many tours. Thanks Colin May owner of Melbourne Australia Tours