“Terrible and disgusting business practice”
Review of Balloon Sunrise

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Balloon Sunrise
Ranked #115 of 137 Outdoor Activities in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Terrible and disgusting business practice”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We paid our money 5 months back and after initial cancellations we were booked for flight on 7th Nov. A message saying Pilot resigned was sent to us and thereafter no response to emails and phones. NO REFUND, NO SERVICE.. I am going to VCAT, Police., press..
Message to all affected, let us get together and get our money refunded....

5 Thank AussieTravellor19

Werribee, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“WARNING Paid $345 – now Balloon Sunrise suspends operation without notice to pre-paid customers! NO RIDE, NO NOTICE, NO”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This was supposed to be a special birthday present from my husband. I dialled the contact number for departure details between 6.30-7.30 (about 60 times, must worn out speed dialling) last night for this morning’s ride – 12 November 2011. This was all according to my ticket instructions. Could not get through on either number – first thought – oh there so busy organising, just be patient, you’ll get through.

Well at 7.20pm I went back to their website via Google and all seemed in order until I went to their home page and in the top left hand corner are the words in the smallest font and grey font – not easily visible with the words:

"Due to unforseen circumstances Balloon Sunsise has suspended operations". !!!!!! (their spelling error)

I could not believe my eyes, I rang through to Langham Hotel as breakfast was to be provided as part of this adventure. I thought that at least I could have my breakfast ($35) as I had paid for it and spend the day in Melbourne. The receptionist there advised that she was told that two weeks ago, the Langham Hotel was no longer providing breakfast for Balloon Sunrise customers. They thought they no longer had the account. did not know they were no longer operating!!

I have double checked all my emails including spam but nothing. I along with work colleagues also purchased a gift voucher for a departing colleague and I rang her and she did not know anything either. That’s two tickets gone!!!

No warning, explanation, apology, email, phone call or letter NOTHING!!!! Given that each balloon takes 10 passengers, that is $3450 for each ride.

Cannot believe that they did not contact us with an explanation. Only makes you think they don’t care about their customers, future and current! No explanation or refunds offered!!!!!

Will be contacting Consumer Affairs about this ripoff!

11 Thank Ms_Essendon
melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SUSPENDED OPERATIONS? POOR COMMUNICATION??”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was due to fly on 4 November 2011 to be advised that the flight would be cancelled due to bad weather and to call the next to to reschedule. I called the next day to listen to a pre-recorded message advising that all operations are suspended and to contact them via email. I have sent numerous emails and have received NO reply. I have called daily and again had to listen to a pre-recorded message. There is no way to contact these guys! They should show a bit of courtsesy and advise all of us what is going on! Not happy!!
Want a refund!

4 Thank Sarah1206
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Flight cancelled due to NO PILOT ... Now they are not answering their phones or returning emails?!?!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I booked my balloon flight with Balloon Sunrise approximately 4 months ago, for myself and my sister, as a surprise for my sisters 30th birthday. The flight was due to be held this past Sunday, 6th November, however I receievd a text the saturday afternoon before the flight advising that the flight has been cancelled due to the Chief Pilot resigning at short notice. I thought this strange that they would not have a ocntingency plan for something like this, ie. no back up pilot. The text advised me to call their office on Monday, and offered absolutely no apology for the inconvenience.
I called their office Monday this week and it went straight to a pre recorded message stating that all operations have been suspended and that any enquiries should be emailed through. I have since emailed twice to find out about a reschedule. It is now Friday and I have not heard a single word back from them. I call everyday only to be answered by the same voice message... It's all starting to seem a bit suss.. Either they have gone bust and taken my 750 bucks with them or they have, as stated, just suspended operations temporarily in which case I don't see why they cannot still attend to email enquiries or answer their phone. Pretty terrible customer service! Let's see what luck I have next week trying to get on to them, fingers crossed this is all just a mix up and they have a legitimate reason for such poor service!!

10 Thank TSM_84
Leopold, Victoria, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Worst experience of my life”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Was given a voucher for xmas last year for the purpose to use for wedding anniversay on 31/10 upon arriving was informed due to bad weather the flight had been cancelled.

I attempted at least 3 times to reschedule via phone and after numerous messages I received a call back. Upon explaining my situation purpose of the flight (wedding anniversary) I was told quite bluntly that I was given 12 months to use my voucher and that it was my fault that I left it so cluse to the expiry date 21/12.

They had no weekend appointments left and I explained to them that I was unable to do a weekday flight due to work commitments, I was rudely told that under no circumstances could any leniency or extension be made ( I tried to book for the 28/12, 1 week after the expiry but booking before the expiry date). Office Manager said "NO".

I then said please can we come up with something if you can't offer me the 28/12 or a weekend flight, I would like my money back, once again "surprise surprise" NO read your terms and conditions.

So, after such an upsetting experience I am not going to get my money back or my flight...I am extremely disappointed and what was going to be an experience of a lifetime turned into one big disaster. Thanks for the worst customer service experience I have ever had!!!!!!

Visited October 2011