“best pasta in years”

Ranked #1,124 of 4,226 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Centrally Located With In Minutes Of Novotel, Courseway And Quest Hotels.close To Theatres And Major Shopping District
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Called in to grab a quick bite after shopping as it was next to my hotel and was amazed at the quality. Service was excellent and very fast the Banoffi pie was to die for. Pricing was good

1  Thank aussiechick3564

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Dropped in for breakfast with friends. Ordered a coffee to drink while we browsed over the menu. The coffee, when served was warm. We asked the waitress if we could have a cup that was hot. She was apologetic. When she spoke to the barista he did a very public dummy spit, raving on & on that it was our fault and there was nothing wrong with the coffee. I felt very sorry for the waitress who was obviously embarrassed when she returned to our table to deliver the message. We explained that we understood her position and she quietly explained that it was his last day on the job and she would inform her manager about his rantings. Well..............this didn't set the scene for a particularly enjoyable meal.
The food was reasonably good, not fabulous but passable. Next visit to Melbourne I'll be opting for an alternative cafe for breakfast.

2  Thank Nick69S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 3 times over the last 3 years - consistency is remarkable, quality is very good. When you go, you must try the - Gnocchi Napoli oven baked and topped with grilled
mozzarella - best Gnocchi I have ever had....

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've been here twice on a deals voucher, once as 'normal' customers and I simply love this restaurant! The service is top-notch and the menu is amazing. I always have trouble deciding what to order. My favourite would have to be the soft-shell chilli crab salad; my partner loves their risotto. The desserts deserve a special mention, as does the shared antipasto platter for entree. This cute little place is tucked away off Little Collins St, but if you walk through the Capitol Theatre Arcade (Swanston St, opp Town Hall) to the end and turn right, that's Howey Place.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Hotel Causeway many times when visiting Melbourne and I'd always be eyeing off this place wondering what it may be like. But I had never come inside - until now.

This time I am at a different hotel and tonight I was on my way to Collins Street, about to take a long walk to some other place I was keen to try, but I wasn't really too excited about the walk! As I walked past this place it looked inviting as it always has, and as it was still quite early it wasn't too busy. I wasn't really keen for a huge meal but thought I'd just go for it.

I was taken to my table and flicked through the menu, ordering a lovely glass of wine and a chicken salad with baby spinach, almonds, ricotta and currents and some parmesan.

They brought me out bread with oil/vinegar for dipping and my wine and salad came out very quickly. The salad looked amazing, this huge island that as I pulled it apart, filled the plate. The portion was huge! Let me tell you - the combination of flavours in this salad was out of this world! Creamy from the ricotta, sweetness from the currents and a crunch from the flaked almonds. So good! One of the best chicken salads I've had!

I ordered another glass of wine, as I wanted to sit down and write this review straight away!