“A great way to see the city”
Review of Melbourne By Bike

and up
Melbourne Bike Tour with Lunch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your time here is limited, so make the most of it! This tour will not disappoint. Don't just see...also understand what goes on here. Then, we give you a map to revisit or further explore. Melbourne By Bike offers the smallest bike tour group size in Melbourne - 8 max. It's a fun, personalised, informative tour of Melbourne Australia in small groups by a friendly local. We aim to give you the best possible overview of Melbourne as if it was your only day here! Visit & learn about: (YOU can help decide what we see) Federation Square Sports Precinct Hidden bars Shrine of Remembrance Cafes with a vibe St Kilda Beach (dependent on start location) Heritage arcades & cool laneways Queen Victoria Market Parliament House The graffiti art culture Out of city suburbs - Carlton, St Kilda or Fitzroy (dependent on start location) Melbourne Museum Royal Exhibition Buildings and much more...... Tours: 10.00 to 2.30pm daily (start time can be flexible). Small groups. Advance Bookings to avoid disappointment.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I would recommend this tour to everybody who is visiting Melbourne in the future. My wife and I stumbled across this tour on the internet while looking for a walking tour. You don't need to be a keen cyclist to get around and Michelle is very good at leading you through the traffic and trams safely.
The tour can start from a number of locations around the city, and is faster than walking, more intimate than a bus tour. Michelle's knowledge of the city and history is fantastic, and her recommendations for restaurants and bar was top quality.

richmich3, Owner at Melbourne By Bike, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

oooh, I can see this is your first review ever! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I loved showing you around. Hope you enjoy Tripadvisor now you have found it! Best wishes always, M :)

There are newer reviews for Melbourne By Bike

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had the most wonderful time doing this tour. Michelle is a delight and full of knowledge, we got to see all the touristy sights as well as others that were hidden away. The bikes were easy to ride and Michelle's hand-signals straightforward so we had no doubt about what to do or where to go. There were heaps of stops including a great lunch at the most amazing restaurant, the whole experience is one we will never forget and would recommend to anyone. Kaye and Kerry from Mosgiel NZ

1  Thank Kaye A

First review on this site!! Thank you both for taking the time to write your opinion of the tour. I loved meeting you both and showing you around. Best wishes always, Michelle :)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

You don't need to be a hard core cyclist to do this tour. If you can ride a bike you can do this tour. The pace is reasonable and Michelle is an expert at leading other cyclists through the city safely. This tour gives you a great overview of Melbourne and allows you to explore much more ground than would be possible by any other method, including some key neighborhoods outside the "grid". In addition, you become familiar with using the bike share bikes, probably the best method of transportation within the city. Michelle is a great guide and a lively and enthusiastic person. We learned a great deal about Melbourne and Australia from her.

First time reviewer to Tripadvisor! Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review - much appreciated. Loved showing you around and glad you appreciate our blue bikes too. Thanks for coming on a tour with me. Regards, Michelle :)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Exploring the city by bicycle beats walking (too slow) or coach (not enough being on the ground to appreciate). Michelle is highly knowledgeable of the various parts of the city and places that even locals do not know about. We covered a lot of ground in the four hours. She was patient with the group and slowed down when I needed to walk instead of pedaling. She took our pictures and sent them to me later so I did not really needed to bring along my own camera. If you like cycling, I highly recommend this tour.

richmich3, Owner at Melbourne By Bike, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Loved showing you around and sharing all that Melbourne has to offer. Best wishes always, Michelle :)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am from Melbourne and was looking for an activity to do with my family and some friends arriving from England. In total there were 4 adults and 4 teens. We loved this tour with Michelle. She took care of everything, supplying bikes and helmets as well as a short but helpful safety talk before we started. I had some ideas about where to go and Michelle was very flexible, taking on board my suggestions and adding much better ones of her own.

As a Melbournite I learnt many things that I did not know about my city and my friends had the best possible overview of my city - historical, cultural and geographical. Michelle is knowledgeable and full of energy. She also took us to a great place for lunch and had many suggestions for other places to go. In fact two days later I was in another area and texted her for advice on where to eat. She called me back immediately with ideas for food, a local market I would never have known about and a few good shops too.

This tour worked for adults and teens but would be suitable for anyone as Michelle goes at the pace that suits the group.

I really could not recommend this more highly - weather permitting!

richmich3, Owner at Melbourne By Bike, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hi kes05, loved showing you all around. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Very much appreciated. Loved meeting your families. Best wishes, Michelle :)