“Different twist to conventional Fish & Chips World”
Review of Hunky Dory

Hunky Dory
Ranked #275 of 4,219 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chapel Street
Description: Offering healthy seafood options along with traditional fish and chips.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Quite a Busy ambience ....Quite Quite busy when we were there last evening.Service is good ,we were accommodated very quickly.
The food was excellent.Chips were perfect & generous .I ordered an Atlantic salmon .Perfectly cooked & the Quinoa Salad was great.
My partner ordered the Asian style Grilled Fish.A bit sweet.
Friends ordered conventional Fish & Chips which was ok & quite generous portions.
On the whole a good experience. Will definitely do it again.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I dined here for dinner for the first time. Was a really great experience the food was Devine. The staff were absolutely outstanding!! The staff were enthusiastic and energetic which made my experience welcoming. I would recommend this to all my friends and family.

1  Thank Gabbyje
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The staff are so amateur.the food is very good but the service below average.bad atmosphere with the same music and the annoying ads.personality is missing and the only difference maker is the guy handling the takeaway food-george-who btw is not there anymore.sorry guys but this is my opinion.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was very underwhelmed by the whole thing. The 2 staff I dealt with were rude and unhelpful. The place has no atmosphere, with noisy ads blasted from the tv - probably fine for a take away,but if they provide tables, they must expect guests will sit down and try and relax. The calamari was average, not particularly tender or tasty, and the chips very disappointing for a fish shop.

1  Thank gabby b
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Fantastic fish ' chips. While they serve the fish grilled, I recommend getting it fried, and I am fanatical about fat intake. You need to experience Australian fried fish!! We had dory, and it was superb. The platters come with enough fries for a family of three, so take that into consideration before ordering the one with fish, fries, salad, and dim sum. You will finish your fish, I am confident, but you will leave behind a mound of fries!! We paid $34AU for 3 lunch platters, quite a bargain for an Australian meal!

1  Thank Flannery52