“Business Dinner - Perfect choice”
Review of The Atlantic

The Atlantic
Ranked #193 of 4,184 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Whilst on a business trip to Melbourne we held a dinner at The Atlantic for 10 people from all over Australia. The venue was great, clean, the food absolutely superb and service swift and efficient. The feedback from the dinner guests was all postive. The fig salad a treat and the desert...well one bloke wanted to order another one as it tasted that good.

Will be back again next trip.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We recently had dinner at The Atlantic in Crown Complex, Southbank, Melbourne. We were looking for some seafood and The Atlantic was where we ended up - knew nothing about the restaurant and decided to take a chance! Very dark interior, open kitchen, friendly staff and reasonable service. Oysters and Tian of Blue Swimmer Crab were well presented and yummy!
Disappointed that we had ordered a bottle of wine to enjoy with our food but it didn't arrive until we had finished our entrees. Wine arrived as Mains were served. I had a Cep Crusted Hapuka fillet served with a foam sauce (very nice, but not sure of its contents) and mushrooms. It was the best fish dish I have ever had! Totally scrumptious, beautifully cooked and really tasty. My partner had a wood fire grilled whole Snapper also well cooked and very tasty. We will go back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was the third time that my partner and I have eaten here and it has I believe decreased in value and quality.

My partners seafood linguine was ok but small and all I could taste in my lobster risotto was salt from the chorizo.

Service was slow, waiting for drinks to be topped up constantly and then waiting again for another 10 minutes to get the bill to get out.

For nearly $200 for two of us, it wasn't worth it.

1  Thank THESHONKOFTONK
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We dropped in for an impromptu dinner with no booking on a Monday night and was surprised how busy it was. We started at the top bar with a beer and a wine. The sommelier had an excellent knowledge and wasn’t afraid to tell us he when he thought we had chosen the wrong wine. I had 3 entrees- Oysters, Bug’s and pasta and Pork Belly. They all scored really well. My wife had the harpuka which was perfectly cooked.
After dinner we ventured to “The Den” , the down stairs bar for a night cap. It was a slow night down there but a great setting. Yes we will be back.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The true measure of a restaurant is how it copes with adversity. On a busy Saturday night, my dining companion took an immediate dislike to her olive oil confit king salmon dish, which was immediately picked up by a very solicitous waiter. He replaced the dish with a fillet of snapper pronto. Also, when the chips arrived just when we'd finished our mains, he immediately offered to take them off the bill. It was a classy response. Donovan Cooke, one of Melbourne's great chefs (remember Ondine and Est, Est, Est?) is at the helm here with beautifully cooked fish (in the main) although it is on the more expensive side. A good venue for groups, not so much if you're looking for a quiet table for two.