“Best sushi!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been buying sushi from Tokui for years. It's my go to sushi place when I'm in the CBD. I have tried most of their rolls and they all taste great, every time. I always recommend Tokui when someone asks where to get good sushi from. Also all rolls are only $2, which is cheaper than most other places and they are much bigger too. Which is definitely a win for me.

1  Thank SofiaDeVito
There are newer reviews for Tokui Sushi

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Since we discovered this sushi place we can't go anywhere else .
Is the best, the most fresh affordable (only $2 for any big sushi roll!!) and the most delicious sushi .
In addition, the owner has always a smile ready for you.

From an Happy customer.

1  Thank Daniele C
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have sushi here regularly, the egg roll is so delicious and sweet and...yum yum! I also enjoy the avocado, but my meat eater friends love their other rolls. Like salmon, tuna and fried chicken. I have no idea why the other reviewer said the rolls are stale...they are making sushi constantly and have people buying pretty much constantly till closing.... Recommended !!

4  Thank mallycat
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Owned by a Japanese family, this shop has been going strong for at least 10 years (I started buying from them in 2002). They specialise in Makizushi approximately 1.5 inches in diameter and generously filled with a variety of the very best and freshest ingredients. Types include: Raw Salmon, Teriyaki Beef or Chicken, Tamago (Egg omelette), Spicy Chicken, Prawn, Unagi (Eel), Fried Fish, Vegetarian, Cooked Tuna and several others. Unlike many other establishments, they make it the TRADITIONAL way and do NOT include the sickly sweet Kewpie mayonnaise that often renders the rice oily. Soy sauce and Wasabi are complimentary. They also do Sashimi, Nigarizushi and Inarizushi. I have ordered platters from them for business lunches which were consumed in record time. Currently, the price for the Makizushi is $2.00 a roll, which is about 17% cheaper than other sushi places. Tokui Sushi is undoubtedly the best in Australia.

4  Thank Wottinger
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This was highly recommended to me by my cousin, and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes sushi rolls. Each sushi roll is $2.00 and my favourite is the one with fried chicken. So far I've had take-away and their counter conveniently faces the street. There is also space for eat-in. You won't be let down by Tokui Sushi.

1  Thank safenoe