“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: French, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had breakfast here twice when i was in Melbourne great food very good service had the baked eggs which were great well worth a visit thanks TA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

On the last day of our holiday we finally got around to going out for a proper breakfast.. so wish we had gone here earlier so we could keep going back through our stay! The breakfast menu was on til about 2pm so don't feel you have to rush out of bed to get there. We Loved it! I had baked brioche which was like a big breakfast cheesecake if there is such a thng!! and My hubby had the baked eggs with chorizo.. Lord it was delicious.. we ended up sharing each others food and the waitress bought us over extra bread because we went through it quicker. We will be back next year for sure!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had breakfast at The Hardware Societe on a winter weekday morning and it was just beautiful. Great service, friendly staff and food that's just a little left of centre that I haven't seen in a cafe anywhere else.

I ordered the baked mushrooms with manchego but the delicious and generous stack put before me was so much more. Toast, baked herby mushrooms, melty manchego, soft leek, fried eggs and a beautiful sauce whose name escapes me!

And if you will cast your eye to the photo of the coffee, you will notice sitting on the spoon is a teeny little doughnut. A doughnut!

I left full, well caffeinated, and a little sad that I haven't found a little lane-way gem like this in the Sydney CBD. Will definitely be back next time I am in Melbourne.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

while our visit in Australia, we were in Melbourne for a very short time period,, so many things were planned but finally after a long walk in scorching heat we managed to be here and we were more than happy.......the environment, the stuff, the food...everything was beyond expectation....the restaurant guy was so friendly that he played and took a very good care of my child....with all I experienced there is a lifetime memory.....really

Reviewed August 29, 2013

With all of the reviews talking about queues we were quite lucky as we walked in and got two tables for the 12 of us. There was a wide variety of breakfasts available like Rice Pudding with Poached Pears, Bircher Muesli, Baked Eggs with Chorizo and Banana Loaf with Salted Caramel Mascarpone. The staff were all friendly and the service was quick considering the place was full.

Just make sure you have cash though and if you have a group like us, they weren't two happy with splitting the bill.