“A must visit in Melbourne”

The Hardware Societe
Ranked #35 of 4,420 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Fantastic coffee and food with great service. We tried this cafe based on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. From the queue outside it was clear this was a popular place for breakfast. The waiter went to some effort to provide space for our group of 9 to dine and he advised as New Zealanders he would recommend double shot coffees. The breakfast was tasty and well-presented. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I can't wait to return to this place! Really cute / hipsterish / alternative atmosphere with amazing food! Maybe a bit too busy but i guess it's normal since this place great!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Dining solo, I was lucky enough to get seated straight away at the kitchen. My baked eggs were a little spicy but I enjoyed the almond crunch on top. The tea cosy on the teapot and vintage cup and saucer were divine. Looking forward to trying out the baked goods on my return!

1  Thank BKC778
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food and service is excellent. Its outside the box which makes it that little bit special. I had the sardines for breakfast and they were devine. My friends rated their breakfast which was the bircher muesli and baked eggs. Be ready for a line though at busy times. Make sure this is on your list, its a must !!!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

After reading reviews on tripadvisor about this cafe we thought we HAD to check it out.

The food was great for a breakfast menu! ( I was a little annoyed when I ordered and asked for a side of avocado and they said "no, we don't adjust our menu") but other than that the breakfast was really nice and I had a hot chocolate that was soooo yummy!

The I only downside of this place is the wait. You have to stand around in the street for a god 25-45 minutes waiting for a table and for breakfast I think it's a bit much! Great food - probably better to visit on a week day if possible but worth it if you don't mind waiting.