“Wow lets do it but bring CASH!”

The Hardware Societe
Ranked #12 of 4,053 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow lets do it but bring CASH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Hard to say which brunch is good, for me all all good especially the baked eggs. Hot chocolate is really nice, highly recommend to order it.
Remember to bring cash and be there between 9:00am and 10:30 otherwise you need to wait and look for parking, if you drive through, use "lt lonsdale street" good spot to park.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
“Good food, cool place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good serving size with a variety of choice! a little smokey sitting indoors though... good service and staffs are friendly.
Arrive earlier than intended, in case you'd be put on the waiting list because they are good!

Visited November 2012
Perth, Australia
“Great breaky, great service (for the most part)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Arrived with no reservation, only waited 20mins for a table for 6 to be seated. The food was amazing, the staff attentive my only confusion was; we werent allowed to share a tea for 1? There was some tea left over in my friends pot so she asked the waitress for another cup and she said we werent allowed an empty cup, we must order another pot? My friend ordered another pot and they must have forgotten about us as we had to ask twice and it finally arrived as we finished our meal 15mins later. Aside from that is was lovely.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“One of my regular weekend lunches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is one of my favourite places for my weekend lunches. I've tried different things from their menu and they're all quite special and not yet come accross a "miss" (the specials are always changing and interesting). Coffee is good which is important for me since I'm addicted to coffee. Staff are friendly and helpful. The place is always packed so you might have to wait quite a bit for a table. I personally think 15-30 mins wait is worth it if you're not in a hurry or extremely hungry.

• Visited May 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Best breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Arrived about 8.30am on a weekday morning and had no problems getting a table. The baked eggs with chorizo were excellent as was the coffee (one of the best ones I had in Melbourne). Service was friendly. Plan to return on my next visit to Melbourne.

Visited October 2012