“Fantastic Winery Tour”

and up
Gourmet Vineyard Lunch and Yarra Valley Winery Tour from Melbourne
Ranked #14 of 100 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Yarra Valley Winery Tour - Public. - Start the day with a guided tour of the wine making facilities at the famous Moet & Chandon founded - Domaine Chandon and learn how wine is made. - Then off to sniff, swirl and slurp your way through some unique sparkling, red, white and reserve wines at De Bortoli*, a third generation Italian Winery. Plus sample the iconic ‘Noble One’ Botrytis Semillon, Australia’s No.1 desert wine and the decadent and unique ‘Black Noble’. They also have a wonderful Tawny & Muscat to taste. - Soumah is a hidden gem, located down a county lane in the dress circle Warramate foothills of the Yarra Valley. Enjoy a tutored tasting with one of our knowledgeable and passionate staff members. Enjoy their awarded Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Soumah offers visitors spectacular views of our vineyard and the surrounding Warramate Hills. Enjoy a wine tasting followed by lunch! - Then finish your leisurely day off at one of the best family run and owned smaller wineries in the valley! Yering Farm owner, fifth generation orchardist and winemaker Alan Johns creates aged, limited release wines of distinction from estate grown fruit, with a focus on Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. The experience will not be complete without trying the Pink Lady Apple Cider, made with pink lady apples straight from their orchard. *De Bortoli also offer exceptional cheeses to taste from their maturation room. If you wish to sample please pay direct to De Bortoli on the day.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I researched many winery tour companies prior to booking with Chillout and I'm glad I chose Chillout tours.

We received a private winery tasting at 4 different wineries, the tour guide was very friendly and provided information about the wineries we visited but not in an overbearing way and left us do do our own thing alot of the time, which is what we wanted. The lunch was definitely the highlight - woodfired pizza and antipasto platters.

It was great vaue for money and a great day had by all. I would definitely reccomend doing this tour in the Yarra Valley.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"different wineries"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed April 30, 2013

While waiting for the tour van,, there had o be at least 15 other people waiting as well and I thought to myself that this can't be fun if all these other people are waiting for the same van. A few minutes later, 2 vans pull-up, and all but 3 of us were on vans. The three of us were me, my wife and Toby from Sweden. And then Anthony pulled-up and we realized it was only the 3 of us of the tour. How great was that!

In itself, Anthony told us a little about himself in that he grew-up in the area on a farm and he has been a guide all over the world in all types of activities. What an interesting guy Anthony is and what a great tour guide he would be. First, he took us on the side roads to Yara Vally bypassing the express way. This was great. We got to see some fantastic scenery and he took his time.

We went to four vineyards and all but Chandon, we got to taste whatever they had for tastings. Normally, you would get 3 or 4, but if you wanted to taste 10 wines, if that's what they offered, then no problem. I won't go through each vineyard, because you may go on the same or different ones. Our second stop was Train Trak and the wine was OK, but the lunch at the Italian Bistro situated on the same property was fantastic. There were 3 of us, but there was enough food for 6! They serves a antipasto plate, salad and 3 different wood-fired pizzas. Plus a glass of wine. The food was wonderful! We finished-up the day visiting the last 2 vineyards. Both had good wine and offered spectacular scenery. The scenery was on par, if not better than Sonoma County CA.

It was a great day. Anthony provided interesting information along the way and wasn't pushy with the time schedule. He was always interested in making sure we were happy and having a good time. I would recommend this tour to even non-wine drinkers because the scenery was so great! it was nice to spend the day outside of Melbourne at a slower pace where you didn't have to think about where you were going and how you were going to get there. The tour was well worth the cost! It's a memory that will stay with us for a long time! Here's a shout to you Anthony! Great job!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had a lovely day on this tour. The driver was really knowledgable and friendly getting everyone on the tour involved which was great fro me being on my own.

Started at the Chandon Winery - goregous location then on to Train Trak winery for a tasting and a lovely lunch. The Yering Winery was my highlight were we had a private tasting and then had the opportunity to play the wine tasting game!

I would definately recommend this trip.

1  Thank mascin
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is exactly what I hope to find when I travel! Growing up in the area, Anthony's knowledge, experience, and perky passion helped me understand the history of the Yarra Valley. I found this small tour to be rich in information and accomodating to our needs and desires. And so much fun!

1  Thank Tirebiter8
See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I chose this tour because I liked the 4 wineries we would be attending and we weren't disappointed. Our bus seated 11 and we were a very multicultural group with a couple of Kiwis from the Sunshine Coast, a couple of locals from Melbourne, 2 from Kansas, 2 from Canada, 1 from France and us from the Gold Coast. Our host was Barry who is a lovely chap and very knowledgable on all the wineries and lots of other stuff too. Great music on the bus too. Each of the wineries were great and the staff at each were lovely and helpful. It was a bit busy by the time we got to De Bortoli as they were having a huge sale the weekend we were there. Lunch at Train Trak was just awesome. I was a bit overwhelmed who to choose to go on our day trip with but I am so glad we chose Chill Out and will be recommending them wherever I can.

2  Thank frangipani1962