“One of my absolute favourite places in Melbourne. I've been here more than 10 times and there is a reason why!”
Review of Portello Rosso

Portello Rosso
Ranked #214 of 4,245 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Every time I go to Melbourne for business, I come here even if it is b my own. The staff, owner/head chef here are so welcoming and friendly. I like seating at the large communal table and everything on the menu is delectable. The wines are to die for as they are all sourced from overseas. I have brought my partner here and after his first visit and after the numerous times. I couldn't stop raving on about this place...he saw for himself exactly what I was talking about. This is a must to place to visit in Melbourne and. I look forward to returning there soon.

1  Thank Anna Maria A

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I really really enjoyed this restaurant. It is one of those great Melbourne restaurants tucked down a lane way in an old coffee warehouse. They have managed to keep a lot of the interesting features of the building so it has a great ambience. The service was just outstanding from the moment I booked until we walked out the door after our meal. To top it off the food was really great...we had the chef's choice and got to try lots of interesting food all in small serves. We were there on a Wednesday evening and it was booked out so suggest you book if you really want to eat there. Highly recommended

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was really looking forward to eating at this restaurant and turned up early with my husband and baby on a Monday evening to try it out. Unfortunately, after looking at my baby in her pram, the guy on the door asked if we had a reservation and when we said we didn't he said he didn't think they could accommodate us as there were lots of bookings. He didn't bother to check. At the time there we heaps of empty tables, and having a baby we had planned on eating quickly and getting back to our hotel so she could go to bed. I'm fairly sure we were unwelcome just because we had our baby with us. If a restaurant is going to be baby/child free, they should advertise that on their website so people don't waste their time going there.

1  Thank aussie_gal_08
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant is located in central Melbouorne, tucked away in one of it's many laneways. We chose to just have a selection of different tappas available from the menu, and the food was delicious. The service was fantastic, we had the same waitress for the entire dinner, who was very helpful when we were choosing our selection of tapas. The food was brought out in regular intervals, which gave you enough time to digest the previous tapas, before you were served the next. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Took a work function here last week - some of the people had not had Spanish food before and we also had a couple of allergies/dietary restrictions to deal with. It was not a problem for the restaurant at all. Food was fantastic and plenty of it - when the first courses came out there was a little taste of each and some of our big eaters got a little worried but at the end there was food leftover!

1  Thank Denise H