“Good Yum Cha”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went there on a Sunday for a late lunch. We're really big dumpling fans and the ones we had at the Spice Temple didn't disappoint. And the pork ribs and Asian 'sandwiches' were great too. Service wasn't fabulous and we had to wait a little for the food to start coming out. But overall I enjoyed it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I loved the flavours of the food on offer. The ambience was a little boisterous though, still a great way to celebrate a birthday!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife took me to Nobu for my birthday last year and it was a memorable culinary adventure, so Spice Temple had big shoes to fill. Sadly, those shoes remained unfilled.

Our waitress was fabulous, and even gave me a small birthday cupcake on the house, but the food really let them down. We ordered pork belly, coconut prawns, spicy prawn (starters), spinach, and steamed rice. The food was passable, but not spectacular, and the dessert menu was uninspiring. For a $100 lunch, I didn't expect fare that I could have gotten at my local takeaway for half the price.

Great location, great atmosphere, great service, but not the best value for money - I probably will not visit again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food and tea was brilliant. Service was a little sloppy but can be forgiven. I loved places where you sit around the kitchen watching them cook - really showing they have nothing to hide. Lovely night!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have dined here three times now. There isnt any better food of this type anywhere in Melbourne. Forget Chinatown this is as good as it gets. The atmosphere is outstanding, the service attentive and the schewaun mind blowing. The tofu is also great, like balls of mouth watering marshmallow....