“A daily lunch”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Me and my three sisters come here once every two weeks! The food is so home-like (were asian haha) and the staff is amazing. Fave entre would be the sashimi (demolished 3 plates of five on my own) would recommend for lunch or dinner!!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

looking for a place to eat in the city on Sunday, I found this place through Trip Advisor. A bonus was that it is Japanese, seemingly a rarity for Sunday lunch.
Not having eaten there before we settled on the simple set lunch. 2 spring rolls with salad, although they were not like any spring rolls I'd ever had before. instead of a wrapping of fried pastry, the coating was like an egg net. That salad was super simple but very delicious. We chose a selection of seafood and the wagyu scotch for our mains. The seafood was made up of prawns, scallops and pieces of Alaskan crab claw. Cooked briefly over the coals and then dipped into a lively sauce, they were devoured within seconds. But the star was definately the slices of wagyu. Cooked for 20 seconds on each side and then coated in a BBQ sauce, they simply melted in the mouth.
Will definately make a return visit.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Tucked in at the corner of China Town precinct in the heart of Melbourne CBD this restaurant was recommended by the hotel (Blackman on St Kilda Road) It was just excellent.
The staff were very friendly, then menu was throughly explained - and it needed to be - and the prices were not cheap but commensurate with the quality which was excellent. A yaki niku style of dining (cook on your own grill). Wagu beef, prawns and pork belly on the Specials menu plus entrees and sales ++ = $128 for 2. Add a couple of sake tasting flights to work out whats what and a great dinner was the result...the sake is not cheap either but like life you get what you pay for !
Highly recommend booking between 1800-2130 at the weekend.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were going to the theatre and wanted lunch in China Town, we found this place by accident as many other reviews seem to say. What can I say it is easily the BEST Japanese I have ever had, normally I tolerate miso soup this time I enjoyed it. Yes you are expected to cook bits of your meal but that is the charm of it and the produce they use is second to none.
I have never had a better Japanese meal and will go back.
But its not for backpackers or those looking for a quick cheap meal we spent nearly 2 hours having lunch, you pay for the best.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just randomly passed this place while walking down Lt. Bourke Street looking for a place to eat. It's a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for.

As an avid pursuer of Japanese cuisine, I was very impressed by the service (Japanese staff) and the food quality. I choose the $128 lunch banquet for 2 which involved cooking most of the meat yourself. But this was fun experience as we could cook each piece and savor it before cooking the next.

I went on Saturday and the place isn't too busy.

Would definitely go back again!

3  Thank MrTibbsMelb