“Thank you for amazing time @Melbourne Cafe Culture Tour!”

Hidden Secrets Tours
Golden Mile Heritage Walking Tour
Ranked #16 of 104 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Melbourne's Original Laneway Walking Tours. Indulge in a vibrant city with our Award winning walking tours through Melbourne's back streets and Laneways. Small groups, with creative local hosts enjoy the urban landscape that many locals miss. Discover intricacies of the past and the modern day in food and wine, fashion design, architecture and so much more. Just a few hours with us and so much of the city makes more sense. If you think you know Melbourne, then think again!
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our experience was truly amazing. A lovely guide, Sarah, has taken us to the places we would not have even thought of looking into. This quest for hidden cafe treasures of Melbourne has been very inspiring, greatly thanks to Sara's lively personality. I would recommend this tour not only to foodies, but to everyone who likes going off the beaten path while traveling.

NB-Melbourne3000, Owner at Hidden Secrets Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Olga
What a compliment.. We are so pleased you enjoyed the cafe culture walk - there really are so many places to go, so we love this tour as we get to show You so much in a short time.
Thanks Olga. Safe onward journey.
kind regards

"great tour"
in 26 reviews
"street art"
in 23 reviews
"great introduction to the city"
in 6 reviews
"chocolate shop"
in 11 reviews
"included lunch"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a well run tour with a guide who clearly enjoyed living in Melbourne and who had a good knowledge of Melbourne's history, shopping, bar and restaurant scene. It was a very interesting and informative tour.

1  Thank Gail P
HiddenSecrets, Owner at Hidden Secrets Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Gail P.
Thank you! I have had a vision for a visitor experience for many years, and to now have both tour guides working with me deliver it in such passionate and insightful ways, which are then followed up with comments such as yours, I can only say what a privilege. We as a team really appreciate you taking the time to actually write a review, rather than just a rating. It keeps us researching and sharing all that is Melbourne

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My friend and I recently participated in two tours; the Cafe Culture one to begin with, then Lanes and Arcades a couple of days later. We were lucky enough to have Sarah as our guide for both, who is an asset to not only the company but also the city. She was knowledgable, friendly and passionate, but didn't over-act the way some guides do. We really felt like we were spending a few hours with an old friend showing us around the city.

I can't recommend these two tours highly enough. Sarah showed us hidden gems we never would have found on our own, that we ended up loving.

If I return with other friends, I will definitely take them along! Just make sure you wear comfy shoes!

2  Thank Novocastrian_Ash

Dear Novacastrian_Ash. Well how lucky were you! Sarah and I ( and the team here at HST) were so pleased to have you on tour twice, and this is why the tours cover different areas in the city centre.. Yes we do walk a bit, and comfy shoes on city streets are definitely ideal..
Other than myself, all of my guides have other jobs, and I think this is what keeps their/our style of guiding more personal, rather than feeling forced. We are very excited to get reviews and really appreciate your time to write one!
Kind regards
Fiona - Hidden Secrets Tours

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hidden Secrets tour of Lanes and Arcades in Melbourne is a fantastic tour of some of the secret places of the inner city. If you don't know the city and even if you do the very knowledgeable tour guides (thanks Sarah, our tour guide) take you to some great locations, give valuable information and give some amazing places/restaurants/shops/architecture to go back to. I recommend this tour to everyone. The morning tea of hot chilli chocolate drink was a highlight. Great value for the money.
I can't wait for the Cafe Culture Walk, Sommeliers City Walk and the Architecture Walk.

2  Thank Sk8r59
See more reviews
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was looking forward to going on a Hidden Secrets tour based on reviews from a number of travel blogs/articles and I was not disappointed! We were greeted by our wonderful tour guide and immediately given gifts (a bag, bottle of water, book about Melbourne, coupons to local Melbourne shops, and a map of the route we were taking to help give us an idea of our tour as well as to write down notes/star locations/shops to explore more later on our own). The tour was engaging, well paced, and full of interesting stories and facts about Melbourne. It even included some delicious taste testing (at a chocolate shop, honey shop, lollie shop, and lunch that included wine). The tour focused on local Melbourne/Victoria based stores (not big chains), distinct and beautiful architecture of the city, historical stories, and the interesting lanes and alleyways with unique street art. I only wish this tour was a full day experience covering more of Melbourne!

HiddenSecrets, Owner at Hidden Secrets Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear TaraBSH
We love to share the best tastes of the city, so pleased you enjoyed them... What a lovely compliment to say you could have gone all day - we have other tours, so you could do that if you wanted.... I hope you get back to visit Melbourne and Australia again soon..
Thanks for taking the time to read up on us before arriving and then sharing your thoughts here.
Kind regards