“Nice, informative tour of lanes and arcades. Fantastic guide”

Hidden Secrets Tours
Melbourne Cafe and Coffee Culture Walking Tour
Ranked #12 of 94 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Melbourne's Original Laneway Walking Tours. Indulge in a vibrant city with our Award winning walking tours through Melbourne's back streets and Laneways. Small groups, with creative local hosts enjoy the urban landscape that many locals miss. Discover intricacies of the past and the modern day in food and wine, fashion design, architecture and so much more. Just a few hours with us and so much of the city makes more sense. If you think you know Melbourne, then think again!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We took the tour, and when we booked our expectations were just average.
The guide was fabulous, the tour very informative and pleasant and time flew.
The tour starts in Federation square, then we went through cafe lanes, tasted rooftop honey, moved to other lanes, arcades, local shops, and curiosities. A nice break at the chocolate shop in one of the main arcades where we had a nice hot chocolate included.
Highly recommended, a very nice way to understand Melbourne.

HiddenSecrets, Front Office Manager at Hidden Secrets Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you Agadotti for taking the time to write us a review.
We can see from your other reviews you had an amazing trip in Australia & we are so glad you enjoyed our tour as much as you did. I like the phrase ''nice way to understand Melbourne'' - great that you could share our passion & get a feel for Melbourne through our tour.

Maybe we will see you again next time you are in Melbourne!
Fiona Southgate, Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Hidden Secrets Tours

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We generally steer clear of any sort of tour, walking or otherwise, but Hidden Secrets was recommended by our travel agent so we gave it a try. I am thrilled that we did. From start to finish, the tour was terrific; my husband and I loved it, as did our kids. That is saying a lot, since our son is an easily bored 13-year old and our daughter is 21 and was visibly annoyed at the prospect of spending a few hours with the parents and a tour guide rather than exploring Melbourne on her own. But a few minutes into the tour, all of that changed, and we quickly realized that the tour was geared to showing us the most interesting streets, shops, restaurants, architecture, and history, offering something fun for each of us and that we would never have discovered on our own. Fiona was an entertaining and informative tour guide whose enthusiasm for Melbourne was contagious. This tour is a gem; thank you, Fiona!

2  Thank Susan M
HiddenSecrets, Owner at Hidden Secrets Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Susan M,
Thank you for taking the chance and trusting your agent, we like to have agents join our tours, so that can say they have experienced it... as we do strive to add more to just "walking the streets"
I remember you, and know that you had a big trip planned, so we ( I and my team) are very excited when anyone says that they get the Melbourne "bug"- in amongst all the Australia has to offer!
Thank you for sharing it here.
Kindest regards

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Minutes rarely go by I don't at least "glance" at my cell phone. For three hours I was entrenched in the back story of Melbourne and the lay forgotten. We were told to LOOK up and see what we hadn't seen before. Venturing down back alleys and lanes was a tremendous experience worth every cent. The stops for tea and lunch were yummy too! Sara, our guide, was bomb and the tour "must do" for anyone visiting Melbourne. This comes from a "non-tourie" kind of gal.

Dear Laurie
Now there's a review to make any business owners heart race! Thank you!

We know in this busy world it is very hard to put the phone/ipad/smartphone/camera down, but also that this is pretty fab world we have... such crazy people who made our city what it is ( just like other city's do too) Yet often we don't get to hero their efforts ( from 1835 -> 2012) Hidden Secrets is about places and people, and ideas that bring them all together... we know there are always more to share.

Your review ( and others like it) make our jobs such fun, so thank you for taking the time, we do appreciate it!
on behalf of Sarah, Sean, Zoe, Amelia, Anna, Luisa, and myself, Fiona.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Excellent. Highly recommended. Our tour guide Amelia was informative and fun. It was a small intimate group of ladies (including my 17 year old daughter who came to Melbourne for 'Schoolies' with her Mum. We loved the info on the architecture as well as the discovery of lovely shops which we went back to over the next few days. We had lunch with the group at the end of the tour which was a nice way to finish up, just wish Amelia had stayed to be a part of the lunch.

Dear "MumbleBrisbane"
What a great day out for you both.... Its so good you managed to get shopping afterwards... we know there is not lots of time on tour, but we want to show you as much as we can :)

We do understand your comment of the guides not staying with you when you eat lunch, we have done it this way for many years now, as its just too difficult sometimes to tear ourselves away if we stay... :)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we hope that you are inspired to return to Melbourne again soon.
Kindest regards

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked the lanes and arcades tour for me and my sister after having read about Hidden Secret Tours in a UK paper and was not disappointed. It is a truly brilliant introduction to the city. Many - most of us - are able to download free walking guides that take in the main sites of a city but this provides more than that - the narrative simply could not be achieved on ones own. Sean was great, the pace right and the hidden secrets just that. In additional the chilli hot chocolate was sublime. I wish only that time had allowed us to take another of the tours. Highly recommmended

HiddenSecrets, Owner at Hidden Secrets Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear rosyposy2
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your lovely support of our walks! Sean is a out on tour again today, so I am answering on his behalf.. I am sure you are discovering lots, and hope the Great Ocean Road is all you imagined.. - Happy Holidays
Kind regards